View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Oh and another one this morning - my dogs on the lead... lobbing her ball directly AT my dogs and not into the huge empty space either side!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Oh and another one this morning - my dogs on the lead... lobbing her ball directly AT my dogs and not into the huge empty space either side!
TBF she could have dreadful aim, like me when I tried to throw my safestix into the lake and nearly concussed the fellow dog walker doing same next to me!

I do not think the English Womens Cricket team has anything to worry about!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Ive had someone be dragged over by their dog just so their dog could snap in his face. I have no idea why.

People on here go on about the 'he's friendly brigade'

I meet the 'be niiiice brigade'
oh well....

That made me laugh!

I am one of the "be nice" owners but only have to say it when someone lets their dog race up to Teg and leap on him.
GoldenShadow1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
The bad behaviour is not due to the fact that a dog is food or ball obsessed, it is due to the fact that the owners have no control.......
Oh no I totally agree, what I mean is round here it seems most of the dogs ARE ball obsessed who's owners are nowhere to be seen/don't call them off. I think we would be getting mugged 24/7 if Rupert was that way inclined..! He is a foody kind of boy though and at a distance they don't tend to spot the goodies in my hand

Milo is quite ball obsessed but we just never get one out where there are lots of other dogs locally. Further out there are some alright places for it but would just never get them back here

Rupert is completely and utterly food obsessed and had an offlead walk last week. He kept going up to people who had treats but all he'd do was follow them or sit at their feet (and then I'd call him away or go get him if he was hesitant) but it never even entered his head to jump up at them or snatch out of their hand which is what happened to me for a fair bit of the walk

Even so that walk was better than most of our local ones, was good for him to have a nice go offlead too. It makes me quite proud at times, whilst he is a chaser and I stick him on a lunge line most of the time he is very good in most other aspects
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
TBF she could have dreadful aim, like me when I tried to throw my safestix into the lake and nearly concussed the fellow dog walker doing same next to me!

I do not think the English Womens Cricket team has anything to worry about!
We managed to inherit another ball on a rope from someone who'd been walking along, and it had obviously been wedged in the tree from a mis-fire, and dislodged by a gust of wind bashing the innocent walker on the head - who gave it to us!

Would have hurt like hell as well since it was one of the tough ones!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by GoldenShadow1 View Post
Oh no I totally agree, what I mean is round here it seems most of the dogs ARE ball obsessed who's owners are nowhere to be seen/don't call them off. I think we would be getting mugged 24/7 if Rupert was that way inclined..! He is a foody kind of boy though and at a distance they don't tend to spot the goodies in my hand

Most dogs with a nose can smell them!

Rupert is completely and utterly food obsessed and had an offlead walk last week. He kept going up to people who had treats but all he'd do was follow them or sit at their feet (and then I'd call him away or go get him if he was hesitant) but it never even entered his head to jump up at them or snatch out of their hand which is what happened to me for a fair bit of the walk

Oh dear I am afraid this would bother me, if your dog came up to mine when I was feeding my dogs it would given VERY short shrift by mine I am afraid.

If there is one way to guarantee a dog fight it is to have strange dogs play "space invaders" when food is around!

Even so that walk was better than most of our local ones, was good for him to have a nice go offlead too. It makes me quite proud at times, whilst he is a chaser and I stick him on a lunge line most of the time he is very good in most other aspects
Does it not bother you that your dog may get bitten if it invades an antisocial dog's space?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I find the dog world with more experienced dog owners how very judgemental they can be of others and not very understanding its like their dog is perfect theirfore everyone else should be the same!
It's not about expecting dogs to be perfect, it's about expecting the owners to show some common sense, manners and consideration. If your dog is annoying someone then go and bloody well get it, don't just stand there and watch! Or even worse, don't just pretend it's not happening! An apology is always appreciated too. However, I usually just get dirty looks and comments about vicious dogs IF the owner even bothers to acknowledge that their dog is causing a problem.

I don't dare take my dog anywhere nice for a walk thanks to people who lack basic manners, common sense and consideration for others.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3