View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:34 AM
It really annoys me when people are sooo darn stupid, If some thing happened it would be the dogs fault with an owner who obviously cant controll their dog.

Heres an example, One of the mums got a rescue dog, took the dog to school to collect the children, always stood well away from everyone, but another mum took her son to see the dog, child walks straight up to the dog and tries to stroke it, dog bites childs hand, result... big drama and dog PTS
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I am trying to not retaliate and just walk away if I get upset by someone else's stupid behaviour but it doesn't always happen!

Unfortunately when I get frightened I get angry and can hit out verbally.

I got scared last week at training class when a dog charged at Parker's head instead of doing a recall to his owner.
The dog had previously had a kerfuffle with doing this to another dog in the class and then later it did the same thing outside when it escaped its collar and charged at the trainer's dog.

I think I over-reacted but Parker would definitely have reacted to the other dog charging at his face as it is the one breed of dog he really doesn't like! Fortunately the trainer managed to grab it before any harm was done.

The owner couldn't see where her dog was going wrong at all unfortunately as she kept saying that he was friendly but she needs to recognise that other people's dogs may not take kindly to rude behaviour from hers and she has absolutely no control over it and it is too powerful for her to handle.

I said she should have it muzzled if working off-lead with it which she wasn't happy about but she hasn't had the dog long and it doesn't do a thing she tells it and just barks all night in the class which makes it very hard for the other dogs and owners to concentrate.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2