Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2011, 02:54 AM

Lets be honest

hello all ,i had a dog charge me today, scared the ==== out of me ,the owner , of course, yellout, hes ok......dang...i know that !!!mad...its you thats not ok ...he told me were to go ....then my dogs.. told him....politly ......he left vibrating.....i hate it...i feel bad that i stressed my dogs i should have ignored it , but some times you just got to say it...have you ever ,,said it''. to some one/?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 03:07 AM
In the vets some years ago when Harvey was a pup a stupid woman came in with a tiny fluffy pup under one arm and a very OTT dog aggressive golden retriever. It was going for everyones dogs and she just could not control it, when it made the 3rd attempt to get Harvey on my knee, I told her loudly to keep her dog back and under control. She got very uptight and said she was trying to do that. She kept edging in our direction when the GR gave another yank to get at a JR pup that had just came in, she tripped, the GR got the JR pup and the screaming was horrendous vets flew out of their rooms - the place was suddenly set in action. The GR and its owner were ushered away in the back somehwere and the little JR pup had to be rushed into a Consulting room still screaming so I felt justified in my comment to that very silly woman who knowing she had no control over one dog had went out and got a second one
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
In the vets some years ago when Harvey was a pup a stupid woman came in with a tiny fluffy pup under one arm and a very OTT dog aggressive golden retriever. It was going for everyones dogs and she just could not control it, when it made the 3rd attempt to get Harvey on my knee, I told her loudly to keep her dog back and under control. She got very uptight and said she was trying to do that. She kept edging in our direction when the GR gave another yank to get at a JR pup that had just came in, she tripped, the GR got the JR pup and the screaming was horrendous vets flew out of their rooms - the place was suddenly set in action. The GR and its owner were ushered away in the back somehwere and the little JR pup had to be rushed into a Consulting room still screaming so I felt justified in my comment to that very silly woman who knowing she had no control over one dog had went out and got a second one
Indeed a silly woman but why on earth didn't the vet surgery take control? Waiting rooms aren't very big, it's just stupid to allow a DA dog in there. They should have insisted it was muzzled at least when they saw it acting up. With Cain I muzzle him, book the last appointment of the day and wait outside if there are dogs in the waiting room. Prob OTT but it keeps him calmer and avoids an incident.

I've had a few run ins with people acting stupidly around Cain. I had a jogger come pounding up behind us in the dark and shove through a gap no bigger that 1ft and he flipped out when Cain was startled and lunged (he didn't touch him or even bark). He swore at me a lot and I lost it and swore back a lot! I'm sick of it always "being Cain's fault" and I'm sick of joggers who will not slow their pace for anything. I've had them run out in front of my car too!!! Grrrr!

I also got accused of being racist the other night , which I am definately not. Standing on an empty train platform taking Cain to training class when this young black guy showed up. God knows why but he decided to stand right next to us, clearly the entire platform wasn't big enough for him. He couldn't stand still and was pacing back and forth with this silly bop which unnerved Cain, he also made weird noises everytime he hocked up a spit ball! So we moved up the platform....and he moved up! So I moved a bit further....and he moved up!!! Then he started pacing back and forth right in front of us. Annoyed I marched right away, as we went he kissed his teeth as shouted "what's up? Can't stand next to a black man?" So I shouted back "No, my dog doesn't care what colour you are...he'll eat anyone!" He stayed away after that.....
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Indeed a silly woman but why on earth didn't the vet surgery take control? Waiting rooms aren't very big, it's just stupid to allow a DA dog in there. They should have insisted it was muzzled at least when they saw it acting up. With Cain I muzzle him, book the last appointment of the day and wait outside if there are dogs in the waiting room. Prob OTT but it keeps him calmer and avoids an incident.

I've had a few run ins with people acting stupidly around Cain. I had a jogger come pounding up behind us in the dark and shove through a gap no bigger that 1ft and he flipped out when Cain was startled and lunged (he didn't touch him or even bark). He swore at me a lot and I lost it and swore back a lot! I'm sick of it always "being Cain's fault" and I'm sick of joggers who will not slow their pace for anything. I've had them run out in front of my car too!!! Grrrr!

I also got accused of being racist the other night , which I am definately not. Standing on an empty train platform taking Cain to training class when this young black guy showed up. God knows why but he decided to stand right next to us, clearly the entire platform wasn't big enough for him. He couldn't stand still and was pacing back and forth with this silly bop which unnerved Cain, he also made weird noises everytime he hocked up a spit ball! So we moved up the platform....and he moved up! So I moved a bit further....and he moved up!!! Then he started pacing back and forth right in front of us. Annoyed I marched right away, as we went he kissed his teeth as shouted "what's up? Can't stand next to a black man?" So I shouted back "No, my dog doesn't care what colour you are...he'll eat anyone!" He stayed away after that.....
Good on you, great answer

I've had the odd run in with cyclists. 99% of the time Barney completely ignores them & if I see them coming I always ensure my dogs are to the side of the path & focussed on me, usually sitting waiting for a treat. But occasionally a cyclist comes up from behind with absolutely no warning ~ it scares the c**p out of me, so obviously if the dogs don't hear or see the cyclist coming, they're going to be startled too. And for the cyclist to then say it's my fault that my dog barked at him, or lunged as he cycled past, makes me really mad!

It doesn't take much to ring a bell, shout a warning, at least do something to give dog owners a chance to keep their dogs out of the way, then we'd all be happier & safe.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh God I've had plenty of run ins over the dogs but not anymore. If I'm at fault I'm happy to apologise but if I get abuse first I just ignore them. My boy is kept on a lead/long line a lot of the time, but that's from experience and I've had problems in the past with recall etc. and had to address them. I've learned to be careful with Rio if she's due in season, because she forgets recall etc. and goes stroppy with me

This guy at the park has two boxers and a cocker, all are exercised off lead and have iffy recall, yet he shouts at others to get their dogs on a lead if they come onto the field. I just pretend I can't hear him. Rio and the little spaniel get on really well and sometimes have a charge round, the guy just stands there shouting. Nutter. I found that you can't argue with idiots, so it's best to ignore them.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Stupid bat not having her dog under control.

With cyclist, I believe it's now law that each new bike has to have a bell on it. Unfortunately they don't account for kids who break the darn thing.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:37 AM
As an apparently nice old lady, I actually quite relish the chance to tell ignorant people where to go. After all - where`s the street cred in thumping a pensioner.
I once halted a Park football match by standing in the middle of the field (with dogs) till I got an apology when one of the players swore at me for walking past as he assumed a loose dog on the pitch was mine. (He called me an ugly effin fat c..)
So no - if they deserve it, they get it. Too many people suffer bad manners in silence.
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Good on you, great answer

I've had the odd run in with cyclists. 99% of the time Barney completely ignores them & if I see them coming I always ensure my dogs are to the side of the path & focussed on me, usually sitting waiting for a treat. But occasionally a cyclist comes up from behind with absolutely no warning ~ it scares the c**p out of me, so obviously if the dogs don't hear or see the cyclist coming, they're going to be startled too. And for the cyclist to then say it's my fault that my dog barked at him, or lunged as he cycled past, makes me really mad!

It doesn't take much to ring a bell, shout a warning, at least do something to give dog owners a chance to keep their dogs out of the way, then we'd all be happier & safe.

used to get that all the time down the canal tow path, also with a jogger, used to cross paths with this guy EVERY morning and NEVER did he slow down, shout a warning, would just suddenly appear and my dogs would often give a little chase, he always made some sort of comment, but i never got chance to tell my dogs otherwise!! so i never told them, off just called them back, some people just dont THINK!!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=Moon's Mum;2196810]Indeed a silly woman but why on earth didn't the vet surgery take control? Waiting rooms aren't very big, it's just stupid to allow a DA dog in there. They should have insisted it was muzzled at least when they saw it acting up. With Cain I muzzle him, book the last appointment of the day and wait outside if there are dogs in the waiting room. Prob OTT but it keeps him calmer and avoids an incident.

I also got accused of being racist the other night , which I am definately not. Standing on an empty train platform taking Cain to training class when this young black guy showed up. God knows why but he decided to stand right next to us, clearly the entire platform wasn't big enough for him. He couldn't stand still and was pacing back and forth with this silly bop which unnerved Cain, he also made weird noises everytime he hocked up a spit ball! So we moved up the platform....and he moved up! So I moved a bit further....and he moved up!!! Then he started pacing back and forth right in front of us. Annoyed I marched right away, as we went he kissed his teeth as shouted "what's up? Can't stand next to a black man?" So I shouted back "No, my dog doesn't care what colour you are...he'll eat anyone!" He stayed away after that.....[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I'll have to remember that one when I get shouted at just for being out and about with Zane. Usually I just walk away and get on with what we're doing but have had a few stupid kids try to follow us, continually hurling abuse. I don't often get angry or worked up enough to actually have a go back at them but it has been known a couple of times for me to flip out verbally. And then the look of shock on their faces is definitely worthy of getting a picture of it! It's as though they just don't think that other people will swear back at them!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Moonsmum -
She had pup there for vaccs & was registering her dogs for first time so No one knew the GR was reactive except her. Cant understand why she brought the GR along - crazy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >