Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
What do people say when you have Tupac on a train ??lol
the usual 'wolf' or just lots of whispers/mutterings.. he is usually fast asleep so im sure hes not offended
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
No, but I think some people should be banned from owning animals. And reproducing themselves as well.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Breeds like GSD tend to divide the population into those who fear them and those who love them.

Also, it is in the psyche that they are used as police dogs etc.

The reactions of others do not govern my choice of dog; after all, I do not like children and will avoid them, this should have no impact on those who DO like them!
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
its deed not breed here aswell, pity we cant ban bad breeders and cr@p owners then no breed would get a bad reputation.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
if I was going to ban a breed, it would probably be Dogos, because the ones I've worked with have been right vicious beasts that no one, not even their owners could handle. (these were working hog dogs) But, since I know that there are Dogos out there who are sociable and can live in proper society, I won't bring my experiences with a few into a full ban against an entire breed.

Deed not breed.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Breeds like GSD tend to divide the population into those who fear them and those who love them.

Also, it is in the psyche that they are used as police dogs etc.

The reactions of others do not govern my choice of dog; after all, I do not like children and will avoid them, this should have no impact on those who DO like them!
I didn't grow up around dogs, although I was taught to behave properly around them, I was still always slightly apprehensive with them.

One of the few breeds I was never slightly edgy towards were GSDs - considering people tend to be warier of them than other types of dogs that's slightly strange, but my uncle was a police dog handler so I had a fair degree of contact with him and his dog growing up - knew that well trained ones of them were utter gems, so didn't have that fear.

My step-father is terrified of boxers. They drool - but he loves my dog who drools so that doesn't fully explain that issue, but the real reason is his prat of a younger brother bought two boxers for his kids, who promptly gave up on them and they had no training at all apart from being yelled at and they're utterly utterly manic. I have to say I can be similarly wary with them too because I had the same sort of experience with a friend's boxer growing up - bought cos it looked cute, not trained and then discreetly disposed of once doggy teenage rebellion kicked in. Wouldn't want the breed banned though - just because of a couple of bad apples there.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6