View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh how nice it must be to not know what a chav is!
We often spot them herds of them infact they are truely chavtastic.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Vodkalass View Post
Oh how nice it must be to not know what a chav is!
We often spot them herds of them infact they are truely chavtastic.
They travel in packs round here as well, they can often be found in the park drinking in the playground and thus preventing the little kids from using it . . .

They also have little to no grasp of the english language and have forgotten that certain letters even exsist such as the s in isn't it which is now Innit
BigV
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Chavs are basically the underclass...... people with nothing better to do that hang around causing trouble for others. They often hang around in large groups and dress similarly.

Obviously this is stereotyping....... Not everyone in reeboks and wearing a hoodie is a chav... but in inner cities a large % are.

These are the people giving staffies and rotties a bad name at the moment. The same type of people that gave GSD's, Akitas and dobies a bad name a few years back.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2009, 11:40 AM
the national dog bite regiestry here in north amarica,says that the cocker bites more people than any other....for me its the wolf dog.i worked at a rescue center,for the breed here in CAN,and after the dog matures,they become increasingly hard to handle ,i have been bitten9 times,and 5 were from these dogs in a 4 month period,Dalmations are the other dog i have troubles with,tempermental,IMO...good responces here,...phil
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Humm....difficult.

There are no breeds I am frightened of. I did once meet a doberman who frightened me but as a rule I like the breed. She was a one off! (I did get over it enough for her to join my agility class)

I have been bitten a few times - once by a spaniel X (my mothers) once by a BC type (also my mothers) once by a Husky/GSD x - owners told me he was OK - and I made the mistake of trusting them - he didn;t mean to hurt me - it was just a nip at my retreating back and he left a little bruise on my arm.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by tezziebear View Post
I spoke to one of our local vets the other week in my constant quest for a new puppy and asked his opinion on a good family dog breed he would recommend. At the time I was really looking at the English Springer but he said that he would steer clear of all spaniel breeds because of their biting issues!!!!Especially the cocker but he dosent trust any spaniel. He reckons the most 'bomb proof dog there is is the staffy and he couldnt recommend them enough!!!!
When working with the NAWT I have discovered that spaniels tend to be a breed that resort to using thier teeth quicker than many others. I do not believe it is thier fault - but they will fall back on that faster than many other breeds. Sadly the majority of the dogs they have had to have pts becasue they were unable to home (due to aggression issues) them have been spaniels or spaniel types or BC types.

I would agree with the stafie thing with people...I have yet to meet one aggressive to people.

The guy who ran one of the sections on the behaviour course I did (Danny Mills) reckoned the most aggressive dog he had met (at that time) was a Golden retriever.

I guess it depends on your own personal experience.
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I had a male black cocker spaniel, he bit anyone he could get his teeth into, a beautiful looking dog, unfortunatly he bit someone who(quite rightly) was not too happy, and we had to have him put down. the only dog I am nervous of is the bull dog, dont know why, cause they are gentle slobs!!!
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't really like Boxers. I just remember being wary of them as a child and think that it has stuck with me.

When I got Ben my GSD my parents were very worried as they had had a bad experience with one in the past but I think he has now changed their minds as they love him to bits.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm wary of most dogs when we're in the park until i can establish whether they are friendly or not. The bigger they are the more warying I am but I do just tend to let Maggie (my dog) get on with it and not walk her away. I don't want her picking up on my anxieties (sp?).
But if I saw a rottie, dobe, shepherd or bull breed my stomach would be in my mouth. They really do scare me. Sorry to people who own them! I'd love to meet some friendly ones to help get me over my misconceptions.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I can't say that I'm particularly wary of any breed... We have a lot of bad owners/chav types with staffs and rotties around here but i've never met a bad one of either of them, that says a lot for the dogs if you ask me!
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »