Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 11:28 AM

Hoovers - one that washes or not?

Have been in our rented property for 4 years and for the last 3 with my sick chucking/mess pooping/bone thats been buried then retrieved little bundle of black n tan joy! Carpet has been cleaned on an annual basis (sometimes twice a year!) by myself with a rug doctor machine and it comes up like new. it looks great for a few weeks but then gradually patches begin to appear (i think as it takes a while to dry dust/dirt sticks to it). I hoover on a regular basis but get the feeling my cheap hoover just isnt doing the job of picking up dust etc just the 'bits' you can see (we also have an open fire, if thats makes any diff to amount of dust?). Am really fed up with it now, last time he was sick, i scrubbed and scrubbed and it looked clean and now its a large dark patch

Do I :

Get the rug doctor clean the carpet again then buy a dyson

Or just buy a dyson/vax that hoovers and cleans as well?

Cant afford/not inclined to replace the carpet (it would mean replacing the stairs and landing as well as the livingroom as its all the same carpet)

its v demoralising when you spend ages cleaning and the room still looks like youve held a festival in it!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I bought a Vax to clean my carpet and it`s hopeless. However hard you hoover first, there are always a few dog hairs you miss and the machine blocks and you have to take it apart to unblock it. My sons can`t even be bribed to use it again because it`s such a faff.
I bought carpet tiles and laminated other areas. If you don`t want to do that I suggest you hire a proper firm (or machine) to do it and invest in a decent hoover.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I have a dyson,which i wouldn't be without(5 dogs),Have to admit i dont think the combined vacuum/ washers are very good. So we bought a Bex Pro machine which is a brilliant carpet cleaner and I've had this one about 6years
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 12:54 PM
hmm sounds like hire the carpet cleaner leave the heating on full wack andget a decent hoover! couldnt afford a professional machine

guess it can wait till next month as this months wages have already gone! ill just keep the curtains closed ha ha!