Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 06:46 PM

White flash!

The other day we met a lady who asked if Tonks was crossed with a patterdale terrier. Odd but i didn't think too much of it, then she said that the reasons she thought this was because she has a white flash on her chest and patterdale ears!!!!

If she is going by this criteria surely a greyhound could also be classed as a patterdale as they often have a white flash on their chest and similar ears to Tonks at the moment.

I did explain that she is only five months so she is still skinny and her ears will settle down as she gets older.

Made me chuckle though!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Aww.. she's looking lovely! I think some patterdales have a bit of staffy in them, but there are lots of breeds that can have white flashes.. and those ears are ace!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:30 PM
LOL,some people have funny ideas
Meg must be crossed with one too then as she has a white marking on her chest

Tonks is lovely,her ears should settle,they usually go all over the place when teething.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh yes - i can definately see patterdale in meg ....not! lol.

It is odd i wasn't bothered that she thought Tonks might be crossed with one, just thought her patterdale detection criteria was odd! Collies also often have white flashes on their chests and have pricked ears, and boxers too!

Actually my cat has pricked ears and white flash on her chest.....maybe she is crossed with a patterdale too!!!

MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:54 PM
You mean she hasn't any Patterdale?

People do say the oddest things.
Someone once said to me about Missy "I've got a jack just like her - only she's a fox terrier!"
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
You mean she hasn't any Patterdale?

People do say the oddest things.
Someone once said to me about Missy "I've got a jack just like her - only she's a fox terrier!"
Hehe! People are funny. In puppy class once we had a lady with a little terrier thing, she told me it was a patterdale.........looked nothing like one. She went on to say that it's mother was a scottie and its father was a westie " so that makes it a patterdale doesn't it?!". That's what the breeder had told her and she fell for it hook line and sinker!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Hehe! People are funny. In puppy class once we had a lady with a little terrier thing, she told me it was a patterdale.........looked nothing like one. She went on to say that it's mother was a scottie and its father was a westie " so that makes it a patterdale doesn't it?!". That's what the breeder had told her and she fell for it hook line and sinker!!!
As my American friends would say - "you can't fix stupid"