View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh, what a position to be in, as I remember your previous thread very well, and I was really hoping things had progressed for the better, not for worse!

You can report it, but quite honestly, through the recent experience I've had (with that rottie)the dog is fed and watered, it's indoors, I don't hold out much hope for you or poor little Megan, but maybe if you pushed and pushed them, they might consider at least going round there and checking her weight and that crate that she seems to have grown out of! Grrrrr

NOw, if this girl is a friend of a friend, and you are seeing her on a social night out, can't you try and persuade her to persuade HIM that it would be better to let Megan go to a good home, like yours, where she will be cared for and looked after proplery? I think that's the route I'd take on this one, I'd emphasize the money side of it, coz that's the type of bloke he is by the sounds of it (just my impression!)and if you get HER on your side about it all, she might nag him constantly as only us women can, about giving Megan up NOW rather than later. You could say to this woman that once she's married, having a lively young dog like Megan will drive her nuts with a young baby, they get much worse when they're older, they need loads of exercise day in day out, every single day, etc. etc. etc. Try and put HER off, and that way, she'll think about it, hopefully think you may be right on this, and then she'll persuade her o/h (d*ckhead)to sell her to you!? You have no chance with him by the sounds of it, so work on her. If you don't get the response you want and she seems adamant that they will definitely keep Megan, then take the RSPCA route and pester the life out of them! All the best, and please keep us updated, I feel so very sorry for this poor little dog as does everyone else, and it must be heartbreaking for you to have to see all of this Good luck.xxx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh, what a position to be in, as I remember your previous thread very well, and I was really hoping things had progressed for the better, not for worse!

You can report it, but quite honestly, through the recent experience I've had (with that rottie)the dog is fed and watered, it's indoors, I don't hold out much hope for you or poor little Megan, but maybe if you pushed and pushed them, they might consider at least going round there and checking her weight and that crate that she seems to have grown out of! Grrrrr

NOw, if this girl is a friend of a friend, and you are seeing her on a social night out, can't you try and persuade her to persuade HIM that it would be better to let Megan go to a good home, like yours, where she will be cared for and looked after proplery? I think that's the route I'd take on this one, I'd emphasize the money side of it, coz that's the type of bloke he is by the sounds of it (just my impression!)and if you get HER on your side about it all, she might nag him constantly as only us women can, about giving Megan up NOW rather than later. You could say to this woman that once she's married, having a lively young dog like Megan will drive her nuts with a young baby, they get much worse when they're older, they need loads of exercise day in day out, every single day, etc. etc. etc. Try and put HER off, and that way, she'll think about it, hopefully think you may be right on this, and then she'll persuade her o/h (d*ckhead)to sell her to you!? You have no chance with him by the sounds of it, so work on her. If you don't get the response you want and she seems adamant that they will definitely keep Megan, then take the RSPCA route and pester the life out of them! All the best, and please keep us updated, I feel so very sorry for this poor little dog as does everyone else, and it must be heartbreaking for you to have to see all of this Good luck.xxx

Thank you Helena, it really is a predicament. Well I was out with MY friend on Friday at the pub, and this is when she told me all about what was happening. I said to her then (as I dont see her friend too often tbh) to tell them both that I am willing to buy Megan from them...I told her she would grow to big to stay in the pen...and she will be able to jump out of it, which may be another selling point...as noone wants a loose dog running around with boundless energy...when there just there to look good???!!

I am going to see if Kelly (this is her name) will let me pop over this week for a brew...so I can at least see Meg, and I am going to ask her if I can buy her from them...I will even pay what they did for her....I just dont want to get there backs up so I dont have a chance of getting her, because like you said, she is being fed(even if it is rubbish) and watered....the RSPCA wont do a thing in my opinion!!!

I will see if I can go round Tuesday....and will keep you posted. Now if I do go round, and Megan is in a real state.....there will be no room for negotiation...either they let me have her or she is being reported, I certainly wouldnt let that happen...I wouldnt be able to sleep xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I am so glad she has you there trying all you can for her, not many would be so good as you to offer to buy her from them. Lets hope they will take you up on it and forget about owning a dog.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I am so glad she has you there trying all you can for her, not many would be so good as you to offer to buy her from them. Lets hope they will take you up on it and forget about owning a dog.
Thank you, well I see money as there definate weak point...they have none (as cruel as that sounds) and they have a wedding to pay for, apparently still only paid the deposit on her dress and they get married in August...so if I can buy her off them..that would be great, I juat have to hope she can talk him round....xxx I cant take her for a few weeks until after my honeymoon, as I will have to put her in kennels while we are away, but I can give him time to think about it xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:26 PM
No, I know you wouldn't, that's for sure!! Good luck then, we've all get everything x'd for you. You'll be able to suss her out when you just come straight out with it, you never know, she might be very keen, but if she's not, then play on the way these dogs can be when they get to the teenage stage and see if it's sinking in at all, and if it is, she'll be passing all that on to her o/h and hopefully rowing about it and he'll give in and let you buy her! That's the plan!!!! If the RSPCA won't do anything if you have to go down that road, then maybe you can instil the help of someone dodgy to go and steal Megan during the daytime when they're both out at work or something sinister like that and you can organise that she goes to a foster home until she's re-homed or something. I know that's very norty, but sometimes for the sake of a dog I would do something like that if needs be, as a last resort of course! The ideal scenario here is you end up with Megan, you pays your money and you gets the dog, everyone's happy, but I think you might have a fight on your hands, I don't like the sound of this bloke, but between you and his girlfriend you might just sway it.

Another idea I have up my sleeve is, if EVER you DO get the chance of taking her out again, couldn't you just "lose" her somehow??? I.E. you already arranged for her to go to a good foster home miles away somewhere to be rehomed somewhere nice??? That kind of thing? She just ran off didn't she???!!! Oh I do think up some cunning plans sometimes don't I, but then again, I fear for this poor little dog just like you do! All the best, and please let us know what happens!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
No, I know you wouldn't, that's for sure!! Good luck then, we've all get everything x'd for you. You'll be able to suss her out when you just come straight out with it, you never know, she might be very keen, but if she's not, then play on the way these dogs can be when they get to the teenage stage and see if it's sinking in at all, and if it is, she'll be passing all that on to her o/h and hopefully rowing about it and he'll give in and let you buy her! That's the plan!!!! If the RSPCA won't do anything if you have to go down that road, then maybe you can instil the help of someone dodgy to go and steal Megan during the daytime when they're both out at work or something sinister like that and you can organise that she goes to a foster home until she's re-homed or something. I know that's very norty, but sometimes for the sake of a dog I would do something like that if needs be, as a last resort of course! The ideal scenario here is you end up with Megan, you pays your money and you gets the dog, everyone's happy, but I think you might have a fight on your hands, I don't like the sound of this bloke, but between you and his girlfriend you might just sway it.

Another idea I have up my sleeve is, if EVER you DO get the chance of taking her out again, couldn't you just "lose" her somehow??? I.E. you already arranged for her to go to a good foster home miles away somewhere to be rehomed somewhere nice??? That kind of thing? She just ran off didn't she???!!! Oh I do think up some cunning plans sometimes don't I, but then again, I fear for this poor little dog just like you do! All the best, and please let us know what happens!
Hehe oooh you are a terror Helena!!! I couldnt...as much as I would love to dogknap her...I dont have it in my blood....I dont think??!! If she was to be looking terrinble when I go over...I may have to turn a new leaf and become a dogknapper....!!

Being serious though I will keep you posted, Im hoping she is still bouncy like before.... Bless her....fingers crossed xxxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3