View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:21 PM

Sad update on me trying to rescue Megan (springer)

As many of you may know, I had recently been trying to walk and weadle my way in to saving the puppy springer spaniel who lives with a friend of a friend...and they have been reported before for dog cruelty...

Well after I brought her home (I posted the lovely piccies of Meg playing) I havent been able to walk ehr ever again....they have constantly made excuses, like they were out, or busy so I couldnt walk her...

I found out yesteday that it was that pratt of a boyfriend she has, he said that because I let her on an extendilead on the riverbank.....he could no longer train her????? He said I didnt listen to him, I should have either let her off or kept her to heal??? He told his girlfriend that I wasnt to walk her again after that.

I find it really sad as my friend told me this yesterday, and apparently he hasnt ever walked her since.... they feed her on left over food scraps (hence her being thin) and shut her in a cage (which she has outgrown) all day when they are out. I just find this heartbreaking, and absolutely ridiculous. I told my friend to tell them that if they ever choose to get rid of her (which i gurantee they will) I will have her in heartbeat and will pay them for her. Apparently though at the moment he wont sell her because she is his 'gundog'???? Im sorry but he is an absolute ars****le!!!!!

Sorry to rant but I really could offer this poor dog a better life....but because of there arrogance, she wont get walked or fed properly until he chooses to sell her. His girlfriend is actuall a nice girl, but she is frightened of him, so wouldnt dare let me walk her in case he found out????

What a nightmare xxxxxxxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I'd ring the rspca hun and let them know your prepared to take her, they might be able to do soemthing if she's malnourished.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I'd ring the rspca hun and let them know your prepared to take her, they might be able to do soemthing if she's malnourished.

Do you think? My only trpuble is seeing her again so I can be sure of what she looks like...I ahvent been allowed since last time. But I could perhaps text the girl (she has actually invited me to her wedding night do???) I know she is trapped with this guy, but she may let me pop for a 'cuppa' one lunch break, so I can see how Megs is. Im just not sure the RSPCA will do anything...ive heard so many stories of them letting things pass xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Hugs, honey. You must be so worried about her

x0x
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Hugs, honey. You must be so worried about her

x0x
I am... what a pratt...I wish I had never told him I put her on an extendi lead....I just never thought it was a problem.....as he said it would have been better if I let her off...??????he has no clue x
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I'm inclined to agree, the poor girl shut in one of those cages all day. As you say try to see if the girl will invite you for coffee, even so I don't think I would be able to wait without reporting it. If they get a visit form RSPCA, the bloke may feel she is not worht the hassle and take you up on your offer. I'm so sorry things are not working out for you, as you had such high hopes for her.xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Can you get photos if you get invited in?
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I'm inclined to agree, the poor girl shut in one of those cages all day. As you say try to see if the girl will invite you for coffee, even so I don't think I would be able to wait without reporting it. If they get a visit form RSPCA, the bloke may feel she is not worht the hassle and take you up on your offer. I'm so sorry things are not working out for you, as you had such high hopes for her.xx
I know I really did think that they would let me continue to walk her...:0( Well what Im going to have to do, is wait until after my wedding, in 4 weeks, as I couldnt take her until after that, but do you actually think they will do something?? Also can I remain anonymous? xx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Can you get photos if you get invited in?
I really dont think so without her becoming sus xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by flowisp View Post
I really dont think so without her becoming sus xxx
I was just thinking you could go down the route of "if I can't walk her anymore, could I please take a photograph of her?"
Obviously, don't do it if it's too risky.....

x0x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >