Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 09:54 AM

Leather Sofa damage

Just to let you all know that leather sofas and Frontline do not go well together

Frontlined Isla on saturday and was keeping her outside till she dried - because she has such a short coat it tends to make a real wet mess on the back of her neck. Anyway she managed to sneak inside and climb on the leather sofa. She must have rubbed her neck on the sofa which is a dark chestnut colour and there is now a big colourless patch on the cushion
So beware anyone using frontline.......
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Will you claim on your household insurance?

Thanks for the tip though.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I had heard that Frontline takes the colour out of leather

Can you claim on your house insurance?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh noo - thats awful Het - bet you are really mad about that Wonder if stronghold does the same - because I am still doing Benji every two weeks. I did him on Thursday fortunately though so I will be extra careful now when I give him his next treatment in two weeks. Thanks for the warning
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Does no-one else think that this is scary?!

This product is so potent that it can dissolve leather colourants (which are tougher than normal colourants, as leather is very thick and hard to penetrate) but it's ok to put it on our dogs skin!!!

I had a bad reaction with one of my rescue dogs, and never used the stuff again. It also kills ticks who ingest the stuff, which might be fine, but the dead tick's body fluid goes into the dog, increasing the chance of getting problems like Lyme disease. Avoid avoid avoid.
Healthy natural fed dogs don't get ticks.
Parasites (inc. worms) prey on diseased animals, not healthy ones.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by jess
Does no-one else think that this is scary?!

This product is so potent that it can dissolve leather colourants (which are tougher than normal colourants, as leather is very thick and hard to penetrate) but it's ok to put it on our dogs skin!!!

I had a bad reaction with one of my rescue dogs, and never used the stuff again. It also kills ticks who ingest the stuff, which might be fine, but the dead tick's body fluid goes into the dog, increasing the chance of getting problems like Lyme disease. Avoid avoid avoid.
Healthy natural fed dogs don't get ticks.
Parasites (inc. worms) prey on diseased animals, not healthy ones.

Yes I think I remember someone on here saying that there was a lighter patch on their dog where they had put the frontline I haven't used frontline for ages but I have to use stronghold to get rid of the sarcoptic mites - I dont know whether this is something the same - I presume it will be because it goes on the back of the neck the same.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:15 AM
A friend of mine frontlined her weimeraner(sp) a dog she shows, it caused a discoloured patch on the back of the dogs neck, she never used it again.

Mo
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Don't talk to me about leather suites and insurance, after a few months of arguing with our insurance company we finally got a payout of 3/4 the cost of our suite.

We had a blobby lamp on top of our unit, which fell, smashed (it was cold not on) within a couple of days the leather started shrinking where the blobby lamp liquid had splashed on it....even though I cleaned it straight away.

Insurance company came out and said they would replace the 3 seater only as that was the only damaged one, or pay to have the seats replaced....which they said wasn't advisable as the leather colour would be different.

We had a 3, 2 and armchair and they wanted to replace 1 item only. They already admitted they wouldn't be able to match colour and we then telling us they would replace one item only.

Well we refused to accept that, ended up getting 3/4 the cost of the FULL suite back, then sold on the 2 seater and armchair which was in perfect condition.......so basically got back the full cost!

But if you decide to claim through your insurance company, don't let them bully you into anything.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2006, 10:33 AM
I would be careful mentioning if animals are involved as most household insurance policies didnt use to cover dmage by pets,don't know if that would count as the same.Might be worth checking the poicy and maybe trying to think of something you could of spilt on it maybe.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I haven't checked the policy but am pretty sure it doesn't pay out for anything pet related.....trouble is I can't think of anything that could have done the same damage. I suppose I could always say I had frontlined myself?????????Do you think that would work????????

Will have to price up how much its going to cost to get if fixed....the policy will have an excess on it, so might not be worth attempting to claim anyway.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >