Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 12:15 PM

new pool arrived

the dogs new pool arrived yesterday it took me ages to build it as my 2 helpers had to inspect and sniff every part of it,i got caked in mud(again)swore tonnes and just got finished before the rain came i can't use it yet as the solar cover(floats on water to keep it warm)doesn't fit so i will have to wait until the new one arrives
the dogs seem impressed even though they haven't been in it yet keep trotting up and having a bit of a sniff can't wait to get them in it though
i think it is a bargain at £60 and it is the only one i could get to fit the space i had

please excuse diesels bum in the first piccie
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Wow, that's fantastic - I want one!! Where did you get that then for £60???? I normally get those cheap rigid side ones from Wilko's, but they'd loooooove that one I already have a spare bit of garden to put it in, I sooooo want one of those griff
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 12:46 PM
that looks good

I would be tempted to get one for my two also but I can so see them ripping the material it is made out of when I wasn't looking!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 02:00 PM
helena54 i got the pool from here
http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Pr...6&source=12021
they charge delivery but it was only a few pounds,the debris cover doesn't come with it i got that from here,scroll to bottom of page
http://www.enchanted-wood.co.uk/acat...ng_About_.html
it is nearly 2 feet deep so plenty deep enough for my staffy diesel and i am sure delaney will have a good time splashing in it as he is too tall to swim in it
the material is kind of like a dinghy and seems quite robust,you can also get spares for it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks griff! Mine won't damage it, they never punctured the smaller pools, not even the blow up ones with 3 rings around the side. Might even get in there myself with them, it's soooo big - fantastic. Mind you, I just remembered, we've got a hosepipe ban down here, so I'll have to do the nightshift to fill it up! (lost my smilies!!)
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 05:03 PM
That looks fun
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Looks like our pool will be staying packed up this year if the hose pipe ban reaches us here, there is no way I would fill it up, couldn't afford the fine for one.......lol. Not only that it is 15' x 48"
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
nice pool. nice bum!!!!!!!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I think there are exclusions to our hosepipe ban, i.e.you're not allowed to use the hose for watering the garden, or cleaning the car, but you can use it for other things, so I consider keeping two very large, very hairy dogs cool in the really hot weather one of the exclusions They might not think so, but I do! Trouble is, madam likes clean fresh water every day otherwise she won't go in, but maybe with that cover over it, it should keep it clean and fresh.

How does it empty then griff? Is there a big bung in the bottom or do you just pull one of the sides down?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 05:56 PM
there is a drain plug in one of the sides we are o.k no hospipe ban but i believe you can fill up pools and hose down your dog i am buying a chemical kit so that once it is filled up the water stays clean i also have a pool vac my dogs are very spoilt
the pool is 8 foot 3 x 5 foot 6 and 50 cm deep
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >