Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2011, 06:16 PM

Dogs in cars

There was call after call after call today for owners to return to their distressed dogs left in hot cars at Scone Game Fair today.

What's wrong with these people! 20 deg today and no wind - many of the dogs were in cages in cars with windows fully up.

There was a silver 4x4 - brand new with black labs in a Lintram cage - they were clawing at the doors of the cage and in an awful state - whilst the Police and several hi-viz jacketed stewards scratching their chins because after several calls the owner hadn't returned and they were worried about smashing the window of a new car!

Personally, I'd get the owners and lock them in a locked car in the heat.

What the hell is wrong with people???
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
makes me so mad, longest phoebe is left in the car is while i nip in the shop
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Pet dogs, working dogs, police dogs, show dogs at events, shows, shops, they are all vulnerable when owners have not considered the heat when taking their dogs out.

Was there not a dog creche at the game fair? There are at most game fairs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
So many irresponsible numpties in this world Poor dogs. I don't know what it will take to make some of these idiots realise that dogs REALLY DO die in hot cars - and one day it will very likely be one of theirs if they continue to lock their dogs in what is effectively an oven on a hot day
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Pet dogs, working dogs, police dogs, show dogs at events, shows, shops, they are all vulnerable when owners have not considered the heat when taking their dogs out.

Was there not a dog creche at the game fair? There are at most game fairs.
Not that I know of. Most people walked around with their dogs, as we did - we gave them regular water breaks and sat in the shade of the big trees.

It's shocking that despite recent news - people continue to leave dogs to die.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
The CLA always have a dog creche, and most of the other ones I have attended do too. I am going to email them now and ask why they do not have one.

Just emailed them so we will see what they say.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Have just spoken to the show manager and have emailed her across posters that will displayed at all entrances/ticket booths alerting people to the dangers of dogs in cars.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I have got an out of office reply so hopefully on Monday they will respond.

They know people go to these events with dogs so they should really provide facilities for them.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I have got an out of office reply so hopefully on Monday they will respond.

They know people go to these events with dogs so they should really provide facilities for them.
I called the mobile number on the message and got the show manager herself - she did seem to agree and seemed genuinely concerned about the state of things. Tragic in a way that people need to be reminded, isnt it?
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Why cant people put themselves in the dogs situation all the time. If you wouldnt like to be left in the car on a very hot day why would your dogs like to be left in the car. Most dogs have fur coats as well.

Everything i do with my dogs i always think 'would i do that or would i be ok with that'. If not then it dont happen.

p.s they dont like vets and i dont like doctors but thats a diff situation LOL
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >