View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:01 AM
One day i will move to the country, but it will take an inheritance to do it! (or the lottery), and I dont really wanting to be wishing for the inheritance!

What lovely places, views are breathtaking, but i too although i work at home need plenty of access for people to get to me without travelling miles!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Beautiful and idylic.

I couldn't live way out in the country - just not me, but do love the countryside and the coast.

Our 'dream' came together by retiring to a lovely little village where coast meets country. Love it and it suits us down to the ground after living in towns and cities all our lives.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:57 AM
I.AM.NOT.JEALOUS

much!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Beautifullllllll! Very, very lucky, well i say lucky but you've obviously worked to get the house, well done. I think home is the most important thing in life. It looks a lovely place to live and very nice gardens! I can't wait till the day I have a log burner!

We're meant to be moving up to Rural Scotland this year but my fella went and got himself a fantastic new job down this way, damn him, lol. However it's with a big international company and when they build the new offices in Glasgow in 12 months time he'll be asking for a transfer so better in the long run really It must be hard relocating without work x
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2011, 12:05 PM
That's our dream too. House hunting at the moment but it's not easy to find what we want in this area without a lottery win lol. But i'll keep searching
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Awww thanks all. It is a dream come true. There are downsides to town living and to country living - I guess nowhere is totally perfect. However, we are really happy here and I even got my hens!!

I don't know if any of you have heard of The Beechgrove Garden...but they are featuring the garden and re-doing part of it. Filming is in August
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Must watch that lol I'm nosy
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 02:32 PM
So jealous.

We are still trying to get our smallholding, thought we were nearly there but bloody estate agents messed it up
Gonzo33
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2011, 05:00 AM
I am sooooooooooo jealous. I cannot wait for my husband to retire from his current employment so that we can go and live where we want and in the sticks. It's the peace and the fresh air that I want!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2