Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by airedaleowner View Post
he failed, lamee

going to talk to vet tomorow as she thinks its because he has never had his back feet trimmed so more uneven than lame. maybe loan him for 6 months and then try again or buy him very cheap. ahhh horses lol havnt lost him yet, fingers crossed still
Get owners to get him shod them have the vet "vet " him again, but to be honest, if he has failed the vet, dont buy him, you wont be able to insure him and it could be a multitude of problems.

if he passes once shod, thats another matter., dont be tempted to buy cheap , because he failed, he could end up costing you a fortune.

The loan agreement, maybe an option, but remember why you had him vetted, letting your head rule your heart on buying horses can cost you more than just money if the horse is unsound!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Sound advice from H and Jackbox there.

I lost out on a loan pony when I was 15, I had had him on loan for 2 years and the owners had approached me to say they were selling as moving back to Italy, I was so excited asked my mum and dad if they could help me out to buy him and I would pay them back with my berry, tatty and paper round money. Mum and dad didnt have the money but asked my grandparents if they could help out as he was a super wee horse that I had done well bringing on, I told the person I shared a field with about it as I was so excited and she got her mum who had money to offer to buy him FOR HER!!! They realised he had resonable potential and wanted a horse for local shows etc.

The owners sold him to her and that was that my heart broken and my very 1st business lesson cruelly learned

And as JB says if the problem is more than just the lack of decent farrier attention this one could cost you a lot in money and heartache. There is a good saying "No hoof, no horse" and its very true.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:35 PM
i understand what everyones saying and thanks.

he has never had his back feet touched by a farrier as he wont let them but they have never spent the time with him to sort it out. i dont know why he was lame as he has been fine, the vet really like him and mum is talking to her and then we will talk to the owner and come up with a solution hopefully.

thats must have been awful Benzmum!!! i havnt told anyone apart from the person who would be sharing him but she has already done a grand job of telling practlicly everyone!!! so im just hoping it will still work out.
no one has been interested in him yet but am soo scared as he is perfect and everything i could ever want in a horse i just really want to get him out of were he is and somewhere with people who really care for him!!

thanks for your replies
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3