Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2009, 12:21 PM

Fly repellent for dogs

Hi

Has anyone got any recommendations for fly repellent that I can use on Robbie and Lady. We went for a walk over the moors at Lyme Park near Stockport on Sunday and was driven mad by the flies on the dogs. We are going away to Scotland for the weekend soon and wanted to find something we can use to try and keep the flies away or at least, cut down on the numbers hanging round.

Been looking at Fly Away Defleqt but not found any reviews for it.

Thanks

Karen
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I use about 5 drops of tea tree oil or citronella oil in about a pint of water then put in a plant sprayer and sprayed over their coat but no where near their eyes.
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I use Avon skin so soft, Ive not tried it on Obi yet but we use it with great success on the horses. Its on offer at the moment for about £1.75.

Ali
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I've heard about avon skin so soft being good for mozzies - I'll go on their web site and try and order some, a girl in our office is a rep but we go to Scotland in two weeks so don't think she will get the order in and have it delivered before we go.

Karen