View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the info, i have been to see several pups but for they were not tested for health probs so i walked away,

thanks for all your info and help..Loz xx
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 06:47 AM
http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/

Try contacting the breed club...they should have a list of puppies
hannah92
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2007, 02:16 PM
hiyya people my names Hannah, i have got a beautiful dlrc reg cavalier and i wouldn't change him for the world, he such a sweet tampered little lap dog and i strongly disagree with some of the posts that have been put up recently, when i went to collect my puppy from the breeder i was totally satisfied with the results of the tests, i got him from a professional breeder where many of my friends and relatives have got their pets from. the only bit of advise i would offer to give to people who got to buy pets from breeders is to check there teeth and stomachs, a couple of years ago i went to buy a Labrador from a breeder and later on that year she had to be put down because of severe bacteria issues to the teeth and gums and also had a terrible disease in the stomach which i realized was severely swollen shortly after i had bought her. i would NOT tell anybody not to by DLRC registered dog, my little boy cavalier is fantastic and sings with you, i am looking forward to finding a bitch for him too breed with later in the year! from Hannah xx
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
hello Hannah, what was your Cav tested for?
hannah92
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
hip scored, eye tested, hearing tested, co-ordination.. i think, lol, he had good results on allthere was another one or two i think but im not sure. do you know how to add photos on here? xx
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2007, 02:34 PM
well tested then....dunno about photos...

PS - i can share the concerns about DLR, but isnt it also true that puppy farm/byb pups can and have also got KC reg?
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by hannah92 View Post
hip scored, eye tested, hearing tested, co-ordination.. i think, lol, he had good results on allthere was another one or two i think but im not sure. do you know how to add photos on here? xx
I think I would be rather surprised to find a puppy registered with the organisation that had had all these tests, hip scoring is slightly unusual even for KC registered dogs of this breed I believe. In fact hip scoring and eye testing is generally carried out under the KC's own scheme so I am left wondering what scheme another registry might use. Did you actually see any veterinary certified evidence that these tests were carried out and, in the case of the hip scoring whether this was submitted to the panel at the BVA? I have to say I am a little sceptical as it occurs to me if a breeder was to go to such lengths to breed a litter within an ethical ethos why they would not use the KC registry and add credibility and, indeed, command a better purchase price for the litter. I suppose what I am worndering is if you might have been hoodwinked in any way.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I think I would be rather surprised to find a puppy registered with the organisation that had had all these tests, hip scoring is slightly unusual even for KC registered dogs of this breed I believe. In fact hip scoring and eye testing is generally carried out under the KC's own scheme so I am left wondering what scheme another registry might use. Did you actually see any veterinary certified evidence that these tests were carried out and, in the case of the hip scoring whether this was submitted to the panel at the BVA? I have to say I am a little sceptical as it occurs to me if a breeder was to go to such lengths to breed a litter within an ethical ethos why they would not use the KC registry and add credibility and, indeed, command a better purchase price for the litter. I suppose what I am worndering is if you might have been hoodwinked in any way.
but this can all apply to KC registration as well, cant it?
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Can you expand on this statement Krusewalker? My brain clearly hasnt had an edequate hit of caffeine yet this morning...
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by hannah92 View Post
Hi Hannah,

Not sure I understand how your puppy was hip scored and eye tested because these tests aren't done until the dog is a year old ?

Debs
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >