Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2023, 07:43 AM

Tinkering Tuesday 28th February 2023

Morning all. Yep that is what Barry is doing and sadly not finding a quick fix. Hope it gets sorted soon Barry. Lynn that puppy is out there waiting for you. Sue have a good day and you to Kelly and Kazz with whatever you get up to and you to Lynn and Barry. Chris hope the results are not a problem for Rosie. Have a good day to and try not to worry to much. The strange sky is something to do with the Northern Lights. Have a good day peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2023, 10:36 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Weird weather again, chilly, sun in and out then looks like it might rain.
At the moment brenda I feel like throwing the towel in. I have always done my research before but wow now there's just so much and I know even more how to access the database if importing.
I'm not sure we will go this route though they have to be 4 months old before they can come into the UK.
Taking the Vauxhall to an auto electrician later he is going to look at the light situation for us tomorrow, so dropping off later and leaving it there overnight.
Gorden brought some I think they're called racing lights wow they are powerful so might just need this guy to take the warning lights off for us.
We won't know much till tomorrow.

Chris I know you will worry so i won't say don't. Positive vibes slowly pulsing their way to your Rosie.
brenda hope if you went for a walk it wasn't a soggy one.
Sue hoping for a calm day for you. Plus I hope Barry can sort something regarding the boiler.
griff hoping your day is calm too.
Kazz also hoping you have good day.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2023, 11:07 AM
Lynn
I have had one quote and a printout of our conversation with one company which looks promising. got a guy coming this afternoon to quote and british gas to sort out todays boiler problems tomorrow. The boiler fauly code is showing low water pressure now "f22" yesterday it was "f11" faulty rheostat so something is amiss with the boiler
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2023, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon Brenda and Lynn

Hope you had a good walk without getting wet Benda

Good luck with the car tomorrow Lynn.

Fingers crossed that everything is ok with Rosie. Teazle has quite a large lump on her gum but two vets have agreed that it is harmless, something called and an epulis. I know Boxers get these a lot. It hasn't got any bigger and does not bother her.

Lazy days what are those Yesterday evening was spent helping Ben whilst he was working and waiting for the engineer and then getting home to be greeted with "the boiler has broken down ring the gas company". Then had to try and sort that and listen to Barry carry on about getting a new boiler and could I look at this and then that so I couldn't complete one task. This morning, school run, collect parcel from parcel office for Ben, the last bit of shopping for us, walking Teazle and cooking lunch. Just having a quick sit down before the afternoon rush. Hopefully Ben's problem can be repaired on his house insurance but first they have to source the part and the system in the house is no longer supported. It is not the boiler but the tanks in the airing cupboard and all the bits that go with them. Nothing is every simple.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2023, 01:59 PM
Good luck with it Barry.

Sue wow just mad all you are doing.
I am sure we didn't get this much help when we left home. We did get some help but I am sure not as much as we give. You especially Sue.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2023, 04:07 PM
Lynn

central heating boiler stopped working so got a local company in and now working the guys found out the problem. The house was built in the 1980's with a cold water tank in the loft. Seems that over time dirt got from the tank into the boiler heating system and clogged up the microbore pipes in the house stopping the water flow. The guys did a partial strip down and all that came out was sludge from the pipes.
Now we have had British Gas doing an annual boiler service but never checked this but no more giving the job to this private company instead.
theguys are going to do a " power wash" with the whole system to get rid of any more muck and also fit a couple of parts to help it not happen again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Good news that they found the problem Barry.
We have a guy who services ours yearly much prefer to give it to the local guy than some big company making loads of profit and as in your case not doing the job properly in the first place.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Chris just popped on to say my thoughts will be with you and Rosie tomorrow hope all is simply "a don't worry"
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2023, 11:32 PM
Good evening all

Rosie is bedded down for the night. She isn't going to be happy with no breakfast tomorrow, but I've given her a bit extra tonight being as she won't get anything while late afternoon and that's if she can eat it with sore gums I'm worried sick, just as we all are when our babies go in for an op. I'm more worried about the results from the lab, but the vet is really optimistic that the lumps are benign. I just hope and pray she is right

Scooters are now cleaned, photo'd, packed up and ready to go. The bubble wrapping was a farce, but I got there in the end