View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dazzy
New Member!
Male 

31-12-2005, 06:44 PM

Skin problem. Do Jack Russells usually suffer with skin irritations?

:smt023 HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL
its been a while but i have a question / qwery
a freind of mine has a parson terrier and its suffers from a skin complaint syptoms are red skins which is on the belly and paws he has had various tablets for this but nothing seems to work, the dog scratches quite a lot.

im just wondering is this normal for this type of dog ............. or has anyone got any suggestions / informaton on skin conditions within this bred??? Ben ( dogs name) is a wired parson and is 4 yrs old.

once again HAPPY NEW YEAR DONT GET TOO DRUNK LOLOL
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 06:56 PM
White or predominantly white terriers seem to be prone to skin allergies.

I give my fox terrier evening primrose oil and salmon oil in his food and his skin is very healthy.

Also stay away from commercial pet foods like pedigree, euk, etc as most of these have corn, colourings, flavourings and preservatives all of which can cause skin problems.
dazzy
New Member!
Male 

31-12-2005, 07:01 PM
TY tuti
he does have tinned dog food, is there a recommened daily dose or is this information on the bottle.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Hi Dazzy the cause of the problem could be any number of things,has the vet done a skin scrape to rule out mites or a skin infection? If that is tested clear I would look to the diet and remove all wheat based products and food with lots of additives. Try Burns rice and meat/ fish or Arden Grange foods and some fresh veg and oil ...evening primrose /salmon or cold pressed flax are good
You can find Burns Pet Nutrition on the internet
dazzy
New Member!
Male 

31-12-2005, 08:17 PM
ty mini
wil pass on yr advice noy sure about skin scrap if he has had one wil ask thx again for yr help