View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 06:43 PM

puppies still not here!!(Updated at post 67)

Some of you may remember that my friend's dog was in whelp and was due between xmas and New Year. She was a dog taken in by my friend when her previous owners discovered she was pregnant. They got her from a rescue home and presumed she got pregnant there.....

The long and short of it is that the dates must all be to pot as she has still not produced pups. My friend has everything ready courtesy of the "Book of the Bitch "you all recommended last thread. She has had the bitch for approx 52 days. Is there a time when she should start worrying? The vet seems quite relaxed and the bitch is still running wildly round the park.

This is all very new both to me and my friend and were after advice on the matter...what is the maximum amount of time a pregnancy will last? Should she be more worried or just wait for mother nature to get going? any ideas/comments gladly received.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Is she definately still pregnant.. It should only last around 63 days

If your friend has had her for 52 days then she can't have been THAT pregnant when the previous owners found out
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 06:51 PM
She's had the bitch 52 days and she was pregnant when she got her? That would have made her only 11 days pregnant at the time?

Is this the same bitch that you thought was due over Christmas? Not wishing to state the obvious but are you sure she is pregnant?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Either she's not pregnant or she was only just pregnant when your friend got her. As to running around like a wild thing my dogs still went out for an hours walk on the day they went into labour so sometimes that's not an indication!
I wonder if her previous owners saw her being mated and got rid of her shortly after that, so you could still have a weekish to go!
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Some of you may remember that my friend's dog was in whelp and was due between xmas and New Year. She was a dog taken in by my friend when her previous owners discovered she was pregnant. They got her from a rescue home and presumed she got pregnant there.....

The long and short of it is that the dates must all be to pot as she has still not produced pups. My friend has everything ready courtesy of the "Book of the Bitch "you all recommended last thread. She has had the bitch for approx 52 days. Is there a time when she should start worrying? The vet seems quite relaxed and the bitch is still running wildly round the park.

This is all very new both to me and my friend and were after advice on the matter...what is the maximum amount of time a pregnancy will last? Should she be more worried or just wait for mother nature to get going? any ideas/comments gladly received.
some dogs can take up to 63 days to whelp so if vets relaxed and bitch not showing signs of destreess dnt panic just yet nature will take its course good luck with new arrivals theyl be worth thwe wait
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah but if the present owner has had her for 52 days and she was owned by someone else before that and she was supposed to have gotten pregnant in the rescue she was in before they got her then that means she did all that in 11 days..
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Yeah but if the present owner has had her for 52 days and she was owned by someone else before that and she was supposed to have gotten pregnant in the rescue she was in before they got her then that means she did all that in 11 days..
Doesn't seem to add up??? unless the first owners saw the mating and wanted out straight away.

but she may still have a few days to go, our eldest Molly kept me waiting over a week past her due date on the her second litter she had them on day 71. our vet seemed happy to let her whelp when the pups were ready and not try and start her off.
fingers crossed all is well and the pups will be here very very soon.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 10:06 PM
thanks everyone. We are beginning to suspect the mating must have taken place AFTER the rescue. She was scanned after xmas and pups were still ok, so I guess we just have to wait.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Have the arrived yet??????
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I was thinking the same, any news yet?
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »