View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 10:22 AM
With five dogs and a lot of fallen leaves, I often miss poos and find them once they have gone furry. At least they are easier to find amongst the leaves! I think it must be the mild, damp weather conditions we've been having recently.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
I have seen the furry ones too - and just assumed that they have been there a while and gone mouldy...eeeww! I do not understand why people cannot pick it up - what annoys me too is when you see that people have picked it up, bagged it and then just abandon the bag!

I do that but as I walk in a circular route I always pick it up on the way back and bin it, theres no poo bins on the route we sometimes walk so have to take it home
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post

You wouldnt leave your babies soiled nappy in the park, would you (or would they?? )
Oh, people do, believe me
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I bet everyone on here has had 'words' with people who don't pick up after their dogs!

I have just come back from the park with my two and a pocketful of full poo bags!! All the bins are full until they get emptied this afternoon.

Whilst walking back, there was a middle aged fella with a whiter than white poodle who allowed the said poodle to poo in the middle of the bowling green!! As I walked past, I offered him a couple of poo bags, and told him that 'I have a couple spare if he had ran out'

He then decided to gesticulate and shout at me before I saw the smoke coming out of his ears...... Lazy Idiot !!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 02:45 PM
I hate it when I am driving along and I see someones dog mid-action... owner staring into space, pretending not to notice.

I get tempted to beep.... but I dont want to startle the dog.....
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Same here. This is one of my pet hates. It people like this who spoil it for the rest of us.

I was talking to our park keeper who had to have a meeting with the local council with regards to banning all dogs from the park due to lazy owners.

I hope it doesn't go ahead.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Found a moldy bucket of vomit once... that was utterly hideous. The dinnerladies had obviously had a child in lunchtime sick bay (which also doubles as the photocopier room) and the kid had been sick, and the bucket put to one side to deal with later... and no one had, it had got pushed under a shelf and forgotten about and it was beyond gross.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 03:28 PM
at you there deb/pugglepup! I do exactly the same offering bags to people who are clearly not going to pick up or I keep watching them so they feel too awkward to walk off and they know I know

I got caught out yesterday though, I had 3 poo bags in my pocket when I left the house but then when she did a poop near someone's house I couldn't find my bags..I had to ask one of the people watching if I could have a plastic bag and I heard her say 'I wonder what she would have done if we werent watching'. I would have gone home and got a bag and come back to it but I doubt they would have believed me!!!

In the park today I saw 3 furries in 15 mins...eww!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
at you there deb/pugglepup! I do exactly the same offering bags to people who are clearly not going to pick up or I keep watching them so they feel too awkward to walk off and they know I know

I got caught out yesterday though, I had 3 poo bags in my pocket when I left the house but then when she did a poop near someone's house I couldn't find my bags..I had to ask one of the people watching if I could have a plastic bag and I heard her say 'I wonder what she would have done if we werent watching'. I would have gone home and got a bag and come back to it but I doubt they would have believed me!!!

In the park today I saw 3 furries in 15 mins...eww!

Thats the sort of thing that happens to my OH.

He's 6 ft and a big lad. Almost as wide But he has purple hair!! People just think he's a bit of a thug, and wouldn't believe him either

They have spent so many million out of the lottery trust fund in our park recently, and have completely refurbished the duck pond. It looks lovely now with even more nesting boxes. People are even letting their dogs go through the railings onto the banking, and allowing them to foul over the fencing. Ewwww........
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
I hate it when I am driving along and I see someones dog mid-action... owner staring into space, pretending not to notice.
Lol, I do this! Shadow would NOT poo if someone was watching so I got into the habit of pretending I didn't see him going. I do pick up though.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >