View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks Kirsty, considering his age (12 next week), I think he's had a pretty good innings, he couldn't have been more loved or cared for, and if these are to be his final weeks/months, he hasn't suffered in any way of late (He did before of course with all that itching!), and he's still ok on his back end, so it could have been worse, a lot worse, it's just so sad to see him making such a rapid decline and going all lethargic and tired on us, it was totally unexpected and has happened so quickly.

I'm still waiting for the results of the urine test, I might have to ring them soon!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Kirsty, considering his age (12 next week), I think he's had a pretty good innings, he couldn't have been more loved or cared for, and if these are to be his final weeks/months, he hasn't suffered in any way of late (He did before of course with all that itching!), and he's still ok on his back end, so it could have been worse, a lot worse, it's just so sad to see him making such a rapid decline and going all lethargic and tired on us, it was totally unexpected and has happened so quickly.

I'm still waiting for the results of the urine test, I might have to ring them soon!
I know just what you mean H Fingers crossed for some positive news from the vet.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Everything crossed here, H!
xxxxxx
Reb
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
My thoughts are with you...been through this and it is really hard...regards
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks again Kirsty, and Lucky, and Reb.

I did ring the vet, and she said he DID want to speak to me which isn't good in itself really, as if the urine was clear, the receptionist could have just told me that. I know he's busy with clients, but as soon as he gets a gap, he'll ring me, so I'm still playing that waiting game

Meanwhile, I've managed to get Georgie to go and lie outside in the shade coz the sun has come out again, it's stopped raining and it's not hot. I've cleaned his eyes, given him a raw carrot, and his little face is very sad, although I did get a tail slap on the kitchen floor when I came down.

I'm preparing myself for the worst then..... If it was an infection, surely they would have just rung me by now and told me to go and pick up some ab's or bring him in????? Why is it just a phone call I wonder??? That's what's worrying me, especially as these are the vets who diagnosed that cushings 2 years ago. I'm going to check through my invoices and see just how long ago it was, but I'm sure it was around that time.

I'll be back with my results, but I have known them to ring me at 7.30 pm!!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 03:41 PM
What an awful time for you. I hope you get good news from the vets and they dont keep you waiting to long. Big hugs to you. xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry you've got more waiting to do. I hope so much that it isn't bad news.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Big hugs honey. We're all waiting here with you xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Hope its nothing too serious Helena.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Fingers crossed for you both. The waiting must be very difficult.
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >