View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
carolyn
Dogsey Junior

29-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Thats good to know.

You need to get the bitches owner to give you something in writing to say you are responsible for rehoming the puppies as your going to be the one paying out and doing the hard work.

Find out how far gone she is then we can do a shopping list of things she will need,I will keep it as cheap as possible without jeopodising(sp) the bitch or puppies.

She is a lucky dog to have you.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2005, 03:31 PM
if your dog is the sire and it happened twice like you have been told then it was no accident by the sounds of it he was trying to get her pregnant to me.
"getting stuck" that sounds like a tie to me also twice is what people do within 48 hrs of each other is the best way for a planned litter.
can't he tell you when the accident happened as its 63 days on average untill she will whelp.
i would take care of them and refuse him to have the dog back as he isn't capable of owning an entire bitch and the responability that goes with it.
plus the fact he has used your dog without your knowledge or consent.
if they are both gsd's then she should be ok in giving birth no huge pups but it doesn't mean she can't have problems during whelping.
i think you need to see the vets possibly scan like others have said to give you an idea where you stand with mum and qty of pups expected.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah - and shib - if it's not too hard - you could refuse to allow this guy to speak to you anymore? I mean - what he has done is law breaking isn't it (I am probably wrong) but the dog is your property (hate to say that but that's the way it's viewed by the law) and technically - he has stolen sperm of your dog for his own ends... I am probably talking complete rubbish - but there has to be something you can do to get this bloke for his totally cretinous act. it must have been purposeful as Leo said. MUST have been.

xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Shibby ... not a lot of point dwelling on how it happened, it has so better do the best we can..

You are going to the vets tomorrow so you will then have a better idea of how far along the bitch is. Please order the book as advised, it will be your bible.

I guess you have a dog bed of some sort, put it in the place where the bitch is going to whelp so she gets used to feeling secure in one place..it needs to be somewhere like a quiet corner of the kitchen or a utility room where people are not coming and going all the time. If the vet confirms the bitch in whelp order a whelping box you can substitute it later for her bed in the place she has got used too. You will also need some items for the whelping, there will be a detailed list in the book you are getting...but certainly newspapers/towels/hot water bottle/Vaseline/antiseptic liquid like savlon/pen and pad to record the times of birth/thermometer.
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 03:36 PM
he cant remember when it was, so ill have to get the vet to tell me.

thankyou carolyn

how much will a scan cost? he is willing to put 35 to the costs then i will pay the rest
but i dont mind

i hope everything goes okay

thankyou so much for the advice, you are lifesavers
carolyn
Dogsey Junior

29-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Where in the country are you?

Start saving all your newspapers,save old towels.
A big cardboard box will do for a temp whelping (birth) box.
The pups will need some sort of warmth,an ideal thing is a heat lamp or
heat pad this will cost around £30.

A scan at a vets I guess is around £30 to £40
but someone maybe able to point you in the direction of a person who scans
I know of 2 and they charge £17.

Get that £35 off the bloke regardless of how much her scan costs as your goner need other things.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I am so thankfull that everyone here has been so supportive of Shibby - as I know how terrified she was when she found out - and how worried everyone would be angry with her. I know she cna do a fantastic job with all our help - and I only hope I did the right thing by sending her here! I know i did! Thanks again guys - it means a lot. and has only served to further my already brilliant opinions of this forum.

xx
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 03:47 PM
i live in leicestershire.

i will get the 35. where could i buy a heat pad? and i will buy some towels for her.

i keep rats so i have about 100 newspapers already, so thats a start
carolyn
Dogsey Junior

29-08-2005, 03:58 PM
I know a lovely lady the other side of Tamworth (A38 Nuneton way)who scans and she is worth her weight in gold.
There is also another in Market Drayton who is very good both charge £17.00
and if it takes an hour to settle the bitch before scanning her then so be it they are very patient.

www.snuggers.co.uk do a very good pad and are cheap and in Burton on Trent so delivery would be quick.
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:07 PM
thanks carolyn
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »