View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2008, 11:16 AM
so sorry to hear about spotty. just caught up with both threads. how very sad. can understand how devastated you must feel. hugs to you and your family xxxx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Just caught up with this. I'm so so sorry you've lost your beautiful little boy. What a devastating situation.

Run free little man xx
henry06
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Laura

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and he looked so cute when i started reading this thread was not expecting this as i am sure you weren't. I agree with the others it should be the child who is disciplined not the dog the parents are responsible and with proper care she wouldn't have been biten. The majority of 'accidents' that happen with pets are times when parents leave their children with an animal and they do something to them and the dog retaliats in the only way it can. I was a victim of this as my nanas dog bite me when i was small, i was told not to touch him as he had a bad tail amd i touched him and he bit me as i probably hurt him i was only 5 at the time. The dog did show it's teeth to me again so he was put to sleep as well but that was totally my fault and they chose to have him PTS as i went round lots. In your case if your dog was behind your now new fence then it was their fault so i am so cross for you.

I hope time heals and thoughts are with you
~ Laura ~
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2008, 12:23 PM
thanks so much, we got him cremated and back on Wedneday, two weeks today x just recently found out that the little girls mum has now bought her a puppy GRR
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2008, 12:23 PM
I am reading this ****ing fuming!!!!
That bit about dominance and turning on his family is IMO absolute Bull!!
It is a sad world where some parent cant control their child enough to stop them from reaching in a secure, private garden and touching a dog, which in turn sticks up for itself and bites her.
I am so sorry for you.
xx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I absolutely agree. It's about time things changed and parents stop blaming dogs for "traumatising" their children.
I say this because I was savaged by a labrador when I was 7 and had 32 stitches in my face. Now that really was a bad injury. The dog had bitten several people before and was put down. I will never forget the owner pleading with my parents not to insist he got put down. In the end it wasn't my parents decision but he was put down.
It is a memory that haunts me to this day. I was NOT traumatised by the incident although I was wary of dogs and didn't like them much....till now. I now have 4 dogs and love them like my kids!!
Basically what I'm saying is that it was my fault for going up to the dog. I was dared to by the owners daughter, so I did.
Parents need to take responsibilty for their kids. You were not to blame for this.
I'm only sorry that the small minded ignorant people in your neighbourhood were allowed to win this case.
RIP little one. You're an angel XX
~ Laura ~
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2008, 10:07 AM
thanks very much again, that means a lot xxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh Laura I can't believe it... I was angry enough before reading that the woman has bought her daughter a puppy... REALLY traumatised then

Big hugs, I'm so sorry you had to lose your poor boy in this way - what an awful start to a new home to be living amongst people like that.

I really can't begin to imgine how you must be feeling right now xx
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I am utterly appalled at the outcome of this! I would have fought tooth and nail for my dog in that situation.

I would now watch the woman, child and pup for any sign of cruelty or neglect. That's just me though!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
so sorry to hear this... sending huge hugs x
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >