View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2004, 07:04 PM
I dont know how katy, but Luna lies perfectly still with her tail when playing dead!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2004, 10:19 PM
how do you do it?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Keena is going through a dodgy recall phase when other dogs are around due to her thinking she has to greet and play with every single dog she see's no matter what so I am focusing on that the most right now and it has been the most frustrating as I think this obviously is a 'must' have command even though Keena say's it is ok to come back in her own time because at least she is comming back at some point after all...hmm

I can't get her to retrive at all...it just isn't in her nature I guess, it's just not her job. She will run for a ball if it is thrown for another dog but only to chase the other dog so that she can either bowl the other dog over and have a play fight instead or so that she can steal the ball, although once she has it she isn't interested anymore. I sometimes envy owners of labs and retrivers etc when they can just stand and play 'fetch' to keep the dog entertained but Keena will do this just once and then doesn't see the point and would rather chase any near by segulls and crows instead! She does play with her 'kong' though in the yard when I throw it for her but there are too many distractions outside for her to stay focused and the only time she is interested is if I have my partner with me and we pretend to play catch as if we don't want her to get the kong then she will try her hardest to steal it and run away...lol...silly s**t!

Other than that I had taught her to shake both hands/paws, sit, lay down, stay, stand up etc all very early on and she learned quickly...I keep her refreshed by always making her do some commands for any treat she gets, I never just give a treat without her 'working' for it to which she sometimes goes at...lol

Oh the other thing I have trouble with right now is 'heel' she has started to pull alot on the lead and I am fed up of getting pulled around so I am trying so hard to teach her some manners while on the lead, she is so into everything right now though that it is hard to gain her attention, if something so much as moves like a leaf or whatever she wants to pursue in chase of it! plus she has turned into a complete little sniffer dog right now, her nose is always to the ground as if she is following a strong trail and she wants to go which ever way it leads her.

Hey Murphy good job with Murph's few sneaky 'speaks'...he saved the day!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Hmmm dont really know Katy. Sorry
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5