Sorry the link was for the slip rope....I didn't read it

and there you go...all explained
Thanks - thought I was going mad

ETA - I should really say thought I was going more mad
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2012, 07:13 PM
My litter brother/sister are down to one ball, the others have gone AWOL and I will stock up at Crufts. Normally the male has possession & occasionally the female will get it but not for long and if the half brother gets a look in he'll drop it when he sees big brother coming toward him (wise move)! They're not that bothered about me throwing the balls, they just like to carry them
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I dont have two males here but when out and about if a male dog comes runing over when he has the ball around 9 times out of ten, he will grab the ball and stand with the head up (my space, my ball, kind of a way). If a girly dog comes along, drops it front of her in fact I'm sure he maybe even forgets he had one

Loui has never gone over the score like that over toys when out and about BUT I always put his toy away when another dog comes along as I have seen him 'change' when another dog has eyed his toy up before, so I'd rather prevent anything happening than wait and see.

I think it sounds like an excited teenager has been told off at your house by the sounds of it though
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Dawn - I usually take a ball for each of them on a walk so there isn't this issue - in fact, even when I have only had one ball in the past it has only been an issue once before. However, I like to take balls on many (not all, but many) of our walks as I do bits of fun training when out (and the toy is the reward) as well as giving them extra exercise (ie chasing or finding the ball) so don't really want to stop taking a ball altogether.
Fair enough. I would personally avoid a fight, especially with large dogs like Shepherds. Cant see why taking a ball means so much, but thats me. Each to their own.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 08:55 PM
The vast majority of GSDs focus extremely easily on a ball. So it means training, play times, walks etc are so much easier when you know that a dog in question will do absolutely anything for the ball. That's why it's such a big deal.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5