View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-10-2009, 05:23 PM
My GSD started at a 12 months. He now does this each times he smells where another dog has been.
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2009, 08:14 PM
i'm still waiting too! 15 months....... he does seem like he's more interested in smells while walking now, maybe soon!!
xxx
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-10-2009, 09:35 PM
My dog has never done this inside before, even in a new environment, except for a large pet shop. I put that down to the smells of all the other dogs tho. Any tips to stop this?
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Sam was about 1 when he started but Rufus didn't start until he was 2! Sometimes he would go up to a tree and lift the leg away from the tree I always think he looks like a wee ballet dancer. Sam sometimes pees on Rufus because he HAS to cover up his pee and Rufus doesn't get out of the way quick enough. Yuck. Dirty boy!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
i'm still waiting too! 15 months....... he does seem like he's more interested in smells while walking now, maybe soon!!
xxx
aw lol, jake is showing no interest in marking... dunno when he will start

Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
Sam was about 1 when he started but Rufus didn't start until he was 2! Sometimes he would go up to a tree and lift the leg away from the tree I always think he looks like a wee ballet dancer. Sam sometimes pees on Rufus because he HAS to cover up his pee and Rufus doesn't get out of the way quick enough. Yuck. Dirty boy!
aw, what silly boys you have poor rufus getting peed on. made me laugh about the tree
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Oz has just gone 7 months old and the other week he cocked his leg while we were at the park. I was so excited that he was a big boy now! He's only done it once more since, but it seems also that the terrible teens has started with it. He's much more interested in all dogs and seems more cocky around them and in the house. He has gone into hummping overdrive as well which visitors are treated to much to our dismay!
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Storm is now 4 and a half and has never cocked his leg or scent marked, he will only toilet when out if he is really desperate.

I'm quite pleased about this really as I'm not a huge fan of owning male dogs because of the fact that you see them peeing on everything when out (especially my car, must be the smell of the girls ) and I would hate it if one of mine did this to someone elses property.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 11:49 AM
jake cocked his leg for the first time today!!

over the past few days he has been just lifting his paw slightly off the ground. but this morning on our walk, he had a good sniff at a bush and fully cocked his leg he is a big boy now
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
AWwwww congrate Jake just joined the cocking leg club
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Once mine started cocking his leg, the frequency of him doing it grew rapidly. Now he cocks his leg the majority of the time - the only time he squats now is first thing in the morning when he is desperate to go lol! He now pees wherever Eden has peed and he has also now started frothing at the mouth when sniffing something he likes the smell of to much - probably another bitch coming into season!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >