Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by bingowings View Post
Mine who is 7 months started cocking his leg a couple of weeks ago He looked so proud when he peed on my fence this morning...
aw, thats so cute
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
so he still has some time left?? phew, thats good... although i bet jake is one of those that never cock their leg
...yes he still has time Dogs vary a lot, I would give him till 18 months before you 'give up hope' of leg lifting .
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
...yes he still has time Dogs vary a lot, I would give him till 18 months before you 'give up hope' of leg lifting .
lol, thats good. i will wait then
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 02:46 AM
I must say Louis took 4yrs to start i think he is a slow learner. A friend of mine didn't want her dog around other by dogs so he wouldn't learn to lift his leg, I tried to explain I think it is going to happen anyway. She was insistant but a few months later, he did it anyway, she was not happy
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 05:20 AM
All dogs are different and do it at different ages.
The earliest I have known is my JRT who was cocking his leg full time by 4 months old, he also suddenly at the same time become very interested in little girly dogs.
Most of mine in the past have averaged around the year old mark.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi,

I think it just depends on the dog. Jake will do it in his own good time.

Zane is now almost 22 months old and has been cocking his leg only for a few months now.

Yiannis is almost 12 months old and still squats. He does try to copy Zane sometimes but so long as he leans his cocked leg against the fence he's OK (if it's his righ tleg). If he tries without the fence being there or tries it the other way round by cocking his left leg, he tends to find himself flat on his back, usually in a puddle of pee! There's just no hope for Yiannis I reckon!

Laura xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 08:50 AM
I had given up on Ben, he was 20 months
He learnt by watching Mia even now at 2 1/2 he only does it sometimes and always looks at his leg all surprised like 'what you doing up there?'
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
I must say Louis took 4yrs to start i think he is a slow learner. A friend of mine didn't want her dog around other by dogs so he wouldn't learn to lift his leg, I tried to explain I think it is going to happen anyway. She was insistant but a few months later, he did it anyway, she was not happy
aw, poor wee louis why did your friend want her dog to not cock his leg??

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
All dogs are different and do it at different ages.
The earliest I have known is my JRT who was cocking his leg full time by 4 months old, he also suddenly at the same time become very interested in little girly dogs.
Most of mine in the past have averaged around the year old mark.
wow, he was a fast learned lol.

Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

I think it just depends on the dog. Jake will do it in his own good time.

Zane is now almost 22 months old and has been cocking his leg only for a few months now.

Yiannis is almost 12 months old and still squats. He does try to copy Zane sometimes but so long as he leans his cocked leg against the fence he's OK (if it's his righ tleg). If he tries without the fence being there or tries it the other way round by cocking his left leg, he tends to find himself flat on his back, usually in a puddle of pee! There's just no hope for Yiannis I reckon!

Laura xx
awww! yiannis is such a cutie you should get a video of that, the image in my head is very funny

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I had given up on Ben, he was 20 months
He learnt by watching Mia even now at 2 1/2 he only does it sometimes and always looks at his leg all surprised like 'what you doing up there?'
aw, thats so cute. its so funny when they have wee confused faces... especially when its them that does it. jake does that when he lets off... he looks at his bum as if to say 'what was that??' and confused lol
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Well my big dog is nearly 5 years old and doesn't cock his leg!! Very very rarely he will slightly cock it if he wees out on a walk but he has NEVER cocked it in the garden!!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 09:58 AM
michael ea 2ish
ATD x
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >