Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:12 PM

Dognapping on the increase

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/display.v...dognapping.php
Makes me shudder to read these kind of things.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Spoke to a woman in PAH near me... she had a bloodhound pup lifted when she went into a shop for just a few mins.... crazy...
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Is it really on the increase OR just being reported more

its like Dog Attacks you hear ones like the Rotties killing the Baby and then all of a sudden the Newspapers/TV are full of them.

I do believe there is a big problem and all you can do is try to keep your pets safe......not leaving unattended in Car or outside shops.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
I do believe there is a big problem and all you can do is try to keep your pets safe......not leaving unattended in Car or outside shops.
Your absolutely right ofcourse.. but... it's a sad state of affairs when ya can't take ya dog to the shops for fear that somebody will nick it eh...

I often walk to the shop down the road with Jake, used to tie him up outside but the lass told me it's ok to take him in, coz she likes to pet him
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:29 PM
i would never ever leave my two tied outside a shop thed rip the post out the ground if they couldnt see me,no seriously id never do it to much of dog stealing going on and doing this your adding to there temptation
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:31 PM
i have heard of a few incidents now where theives have unclipped the leads while petting the dog. I suggest you hold there collars while a stranger is stroking them!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Thats appalling that some lowlife is prepared to steal a dog while being walked by a teenager.What on earth has happened to society that makes people want to take pets right under the nose of the owner?

Im pretty careful with Vegas after i overheard a teenager saying to his friends couple of weeks ago while walking past them "look-its that dog".
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:33 PM
wow steve that must of made you stood up wondering why they said it what goes through peoples minds to steal someones dog and when they do they dont really want certain breeds
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
wow steve that must of made you stood up wondering why they said it what goes through peoples minds to steal someones dog and when they do they dont really want certain breeds
Im absoloutely 100% certain that was what he said Jen and im most cautious now where i leave him.Vegas seems to attract people to pet him cause he has a friendly face and im not used to this cause with Abe-people would avoid him cause of his breed.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:42 PM
aww bless well its better to be safe than sorry when the boys are out two many people take an interest in them cos theve never seen a blue merle so im always careful now and make sure that theres two of us out with the boys its getting more frightening to take your dogs out and it shouldnt be this way
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >