Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 10:15 AM

Terrible walk-dog fighting.

Well just got back from one of the worst dog walks i've ever been on-blood shed of the dogs-and mine!!
It was a pretty much run of the mill walk...all across the fields, stuck to the footpath in places as some parts of the fields we walk were far too boggy and i need new wellies! Well we had just past the 'crossroads' of the fields as it were when a rather large GSD came tearing across-i had a feeling all was not totally well. But we carried on walking and this dog kept running alongside us barking-the owner was not visible and turns out hadn't even entered the field we were actually in yet as was having a chat with someone by the gate! and i literally just turned my back to check my watch when all hell broke loose-it was a proper dog fight between this GSD and Ralph-hackles up, up on back legs, the whole thing and my was it frightning. But they wouldn't stop-i tried calling Ralph off, doing the usual crack of the lead in the air (allways worked in most situations like this) but nothing, i think it was a case that if Ralph let go he literally would have been in serious danger, so the only thing i could think of is physically seperating them-all this time owner is nowhere, still chatting despite the obvious noise of a dog fight. I was really in a dilemma when luckily a neighbour of ours walking their greyhound, and he told me to grab the back legs-never heard this before, so he took the GSD and i took Ralph-managed to seperate them but as i went to move Ralph away this GSD rared up at me-despite Bill, our neighbour, was holding its collar-and i know have a rather nice deep scratch going across my neck and cheek (bled quite a bloody bit n all!), so i was a bit err startled to say the least. Luckily Bill said he would lead the dog back to its owners if i waited here and kept watch of his greyhound-Titch (if my mind serves me correct-they have a fair few you see!) So off he went..and after about fifteen minutes i hear raising of voices..so decide to lead the dogs up and walk over-this ignoramus of a GSD owner refused any responsibility for this fight-he said not his fault what the dog does when he aint around (does this not tell him he should never leave his dog unsupervised!!)
It was a situation that was going nowhere-so i walked off and came home and Bill continued their walk.
Poor Ralph had chunks of his lovely liver fur tugged out-luckily no actually blood loss, he did a fair bit on the GSD though-i know i shouldn't laugh but..
Pfft i swear i hate humans sometimes-so irresponsible!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 10:24 AM
On "NO", what an awful experience for you, again another dog off lead!! So sorry to hear about this and I hope you are both truely ok x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Awww poor Ralph - hope he's okay Luke that must have been terrifying for him cos he's only a puppy What are owners thinking of letting a powerful dog like a GSD loose with no supervision. Hope you're okay as well Luke -get some germolene or something on that scratch it could turn nasty.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh Luke what a terrible thing to happen poor you and poor Ralph. Some owners just make you so mad. The dog should not have been off the lead . Hope you have had your tetanus shots.

Imagine if it had been a child walking a dog ther outcome does not bear thinking about.

Hope you and Ralph have got over the shock.
Cuddles to you both.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks Both-Ralph is fine, he could witness the slaughter of mankind and still be fine The scratch is royal nasty one, everytime i move my head it kills.
I just couldn't get over the owner-ass!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
This sort of incident should be reported to the dog warden. Take pics of your injuries,and explain to them what you've told us.

What on earth was this guy doing not supervising his dog, or not having it on a leash?

It's stupid tw*ts like this that give certain breeds a bad reputation I'd of given the owner a piece of my mind
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Glad Ralph is ok,sorry to hear about the scratch,I think you should report him the dog has attacked you also,he should keep it under control,as lovezois said what if it had been a child,it was frightening enough for you.Hope you both recover quickly.Just thought you also have a witness your Neighbour thank goodness he came along.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
glad you are ok - ish. i would report both the dog and owner to police and dog warden as the gsd was out of control. hope you feel better later though

sue
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 11:21 AM
OMG that's awful!

Definately report the idiot, and make sure the scratch is kept very clean.

Hope you and Ralph are OK, apart from your neck and cheek of course. xx
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Poor you and Poor Ralph!!
That sounds awful! I bet you were both really shaken up!
Bl...y stupid man! In a way, with an owner like that, you cannot expect much more from the poor dog! It is probably the way it has been bought up!
I hope you both recover ok, it is a good job that greyhound neighbour was there. I must say I have never heard of grabbing the back legs!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >