View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Brushes and Bits ....its not how hard or strong they are its how hard or strong your hands are!!!!!

In other words use what works best for your horse you watch how they react to the brush your using and whichever gets the mud off!!

Everyone prefers different brushes...thats why there are so many types and sizes on the market!!!
stardob
New Member!
Female 

20-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks everyone for your input and help! No Helena54, i dont think it is clay soil, which at least is one thing!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by haylesequine View Post
I agree with the above but personally I find the best thing is a dandy brush. They get the mud off without removing too much of the essential oils in the horses coat. The bristles are harder too, which will make it easier to get the dry mud off.
I agree, and having a small grey pony who loves to roll in the thickest mud I have found that a good bristle (not plastic) dandy brush is the best thing for removing dried on mud. One of my pets is those awful plastic curry comb things, I have resorted to a slicker brush to get the mud out of her mane and tail before today!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 10:17 AM
I use a rubber curry comb for real stuck in mud, but usually use my dandy brush and that gets most of it off, and then a body brush on the mane and tail to get most of it off without breaking hairs.

Best thing I have found for muddy legs is pig oil, rub it on the legs and the mud just slides off.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2