Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sasdax
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2007, 12:30 PM

Viral Gastroenteritis

Been to the Vet this morning with Holly. She too, like other posts on here has been sick all weekend and very lethargic.
She has had an anti emetic and something to make her feel brighter and supposed to start on fluids, but so far she is refusing everything and won't get out of bed.
The Vet seems to think she picked it up at Crufts so I only hope that the other 7 don't come down with it!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi Sazdax Poor Holly, there is defiantly something going around jut now.

I expect Holly might like a hot water bottle if you have one, dogs like humans can feel cold when they are ill.

Maybe try a little honey in water, you can even put a small blob of honey on her tongue, it will give her energy.

I wouldn't worry to much at this stage if she wont eat, water is the main thing just now but only in small amounts at a time or it will come back up.

I always find offering tiny amounts of tasty food frequently when a dog can't eat seems to work eventually. A little white fish or chicken with rice for preference.

I hope Holly is better soon.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 10:49 PM
i hope she feels better soon its very worrying,hoping she be fine healing thoughts coming your way xxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 10:53 PM
I really hope she picks up soon. we went through this last week with fudge although we think it may have been an intestinal obstruction in the end. It is so hard when they won`t eat or drink and they are not their normal selves. Sending her healing thoughts from us.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Hope Holly is better soon.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 12:05 AM
hope hollys better soon. When mine had something similar I got lectade from the vet, that seemed to help
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Hope Holly feels herself again soon!
Sasdax
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Holly is feeling a little better this morning and has managed a little water but she has horrible diahorrea now. But at least she is up walking around.
Thanks for your thoughts
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Aww hope she continues to make a speedy recovery. There was an outbreak of dog-flu in our area recently, perhaps it has spread across the border?

Best wishes hope she feels better soon