Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 12:42 AM

Louie rabbit is at the vets

Had to rush Louie off to the vets today She stopped eating last night and was just sitting about moping and seemed in pain around her stomach. She kept wetting herself too . So the vet said to bring her in and they've kept her for the night. She's on a drip and they're going to give her pineapple juice to see if they can get her digestive system going again.
If that doesn't work then it's x-rays next

So please send more healing vibe Louie's way! Animals are so worrying
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Awww Brandie I'm so sorry to hear that Louie isn't well and has been rushed back to the vets Wasn't she spayed a couple of weeks ago Wonder if it's something to do with that I hope the vet sorts out what is wrong with her and she is back to normal again soon. ((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:25 AM
aww suzie i am so sorry to hear that your bunny louie has been taken back in poor little dab i hope the vet can sort your babe out for you sending
LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS OF POSITIVE GOOD LUCK VIBES YOUR WAY FOR LOUIE
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh no Brandie ! ! Lots and lots of healing vibes and hugs coming you way ! Will be thinking of her, Hope she's better soon, keep us updated x x x x
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I hope Louie is ok and I will be thinking of her and sending lots of positive vibes
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh dear, poor Louie, hope she's ok Has your vet given metaclopromide as well as pineapple juice? It is a gut stimulant and does tend to work quite well at getting them going again. Also painkillers tend to help because gut slowdown in rabbits is usually a symptom of something else (possibly adhesions after the spay, or quite commonly a dental problem).

Once she has recovered from this little setback, I'd suggest asking your vet to give her a thorough examination to try and find out the 'real' cause.

Hope Louie is ok xxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 01:52 PM
So sorry to hear about poor Louie

I'm sending lots of healing {{{vibes}}} to you both x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Any news on how little Louis is doing
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes. She is still at the vets But is apparently well enough to be causing mayhem in her cage Ripping all the bedding up and throwing it about. They said she is as bright as a button!
They tried syringe feeding her and she spat it out. They've managed to give her some now but she's still not eating on her own so she's staying in. I'm not sure if they've given metaclopromide fluffy! They think the problem is where she was spayed, where they close it up inside, that it became infected. They could feel a mass there, but that has now gone down They can still feel the surgical stump though

Thanks again for all your healing vibes, I will keep you updated!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 07:37 PM
A little update on Louie. She had to have an operation this morning. Her scar tissue inside from where she was spayed had glued itself to her bowel, cutting a section off and causing it to die
So they've fixed that. They say she is the strongest bunny they've had in because she's been leaping about as if nothing's wrong when she's been in loads of pain. Even now she is back up and destroying her cage They will keep her for another couple of days.

She's still not all clear though. It could happen again in the next few weeks and she will probably be put to sleep if that happens. So fingers crossed for her!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >