Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Marley's Slave
New Member!
Female 

08-03-2014, 10:53 AM

Enclosed Exercise Spaces in Guildford

Hi
Does anyone know of any enclosed places we could take our staffy for a run in and around Guildford, Surrey - he is 11 months old and, despite our best efforts, still WAY too distracted / excited by anything around him to let him off the lead long enough for him to have a good run.
We have tried running with him on the lead but that is proving to be tricky as as soon as you start he wants to jump and play
Any help with somewhere for him to burn off some energy would be amazing!!!!
Thanks
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi,Welcome to Dogsey
Sorry I can't help you with the enclosed areas.Was thinking,maybe it'd be worth dealing with the jumping up issue.Hopefully more experienced members will be able to offer you great advice to help you with that.Fingers crossed
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2014, 05:27 PM
First I was going to suggest just walking enough miles with him to tire him out. You don't have to run. But I see he is still a puppy really and perhaps shouldn't be getting TOO MUCH exercise?

Others will know better than me - people with experience of the breed.
juliana62
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi and welcome, firstly at 11 months your dog shouldn't be having too much exercise, 5 mins per month of age (on lead) until a year old then build up. Have you thought of using a long lead? We use the Heim lead on our springer still when in places with lots of sheep or birds (ours is 20metres long and has a handle) You can get shorter ones. Our dogs recall is terrible still and we can only let him completely off lead where there are no distractions and in fairly enclosed in spaces. He is 20 months old and I work on his recall every walk Hopefully one day he will be great at recall Sorry don't know of any where you can let your dog have a run, but hope someone comes along to help.