Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
I believe his treatment is arsenic , 2 injections 24 hrs apart. No this is not an inexpensive ordeal. But I was blessed to have a Vet that is cutting me a deal because of the situation. You are so right , this is not your run of the mill situation, my dog barks when strangers come to yhe door type thing. This is a dog fearful of his own shadow. With all due respect I cannot believe there are so many people who do not pray on this sight. To me you are part of Gods plans by the kindness and love that you express for God's creatures and for the ones in charge of taking care of them. Well you might not believe in God or prayer but I believe that God sent you to me.Thank you for the suggestion on looking into a university on animal behavior.
Oooh arsenic. No wonder you were so worried about him having the treatment. Sorry if you had already posted this and I missed it. How is he doing? I hope he hasn't been too sick.

He had his first heartworm injection yesterday and I know it was painful ,because it must be put in the muscle. I held him while the vet did the injection. He did not fight , wiggle ,growl or anything. He just stood still and let it happen.
Aaw, bless him. What a good boy.

As far as a hunting dog, he saw a raccoon go past his dog house ,and a Turkey, and he just ignored the turkey and barked at the raccoon ,but never went after it.
That made me laugh. They don't all do what it says on the tin, LOL. Our rescue Lab is a failed drug detection dog.

Hoping to hear good news soon about how Kye is recovering from his treatment.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2013, 06:47 PM
That's amazing that he let you hold him without any fuss for his first injection.......what progress you have made.

In time this dog is going to be the most loving and faithful companion to you and if anyone has the patience and perseverence to get to this stage, it's you.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
That's amazing that he let you hold him without any fuss for his first injection.......what progress you have made.

In time this dog is going to be the most loving and faithful companion to you and if anyone has the patience and perseverence to get to this stage, it's you.
Thank you Bitkin , trying my darness to win him over and to get him safe and sound in my home.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by egroeg View Post
Oooh arsenic. No wonder you were so worried about him having the treatment. Sorry if you had already posted this and I missed it. How is he doing? I hope he hasn't been too sick.

Aaw, bless him. What a good boy.

That made me laugh. They don't all do what it says on the tin, LOL. Our rescue Lab is a failed drug detection dog.

Hoping to hear good news soon about how Kye is recovering from his treatment.
Egroeg, Kye had his second injection and I knew he was in alot of pain. We gave him pain medication 2 hours before the injection but it did not seem to help much. The injection is done in the hip MUSCLE, so very painful. He could not get comfortable. The Vet called and said to give him the pain medication every 6 hrs instead of 8. So guess who was getting up at 3:00 am in the morning to keep the drugs going. But it was well worth it , he looks much better today. He is very slow moving around but he is trying to keep his spirits up. Now it is raining like crazy here and he is stuck in the dog house. He did gain weight for me ,and I really think he needs a bigger dog house. Well take care ,thanks for responding to my thread.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Morningglory, we are all rooting for Kye,.. the dog from the woods.
Thank goodness he found you, ... it was obviously karma. Hopefully you will have him snuggling by the fire in your home this winter and all his trials and tribulations will be a distant memory.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morningglory I fully sympathise about the 'fireworks'. Here in Cyprus they think nothing of using industrial strength firecrackers - cheaper than branded 'fireworks' (and any excuse will do) I'd like to have them all dumped at sea (along with some of the people who use them in residential areas)
Tangutica, I agree , some people only think of themselves, and don't realize the repercussion they are causing to other human and non human beings.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Morningglory, we are all rooting for Kye,.. the dog from the woods.
Thank goodness he found you, ... it was obviously karma. Hopefully you will have him snuggling by the fire in your home this winter and all his trials and tribulations will be a distant memory.
Thank you Apache for your vote of confidence and support. I sure hope I can have him in the house this winter snuggling by the fire also. What a wonderful thought. I have been through some real trying times this past year. Had to see ,and deal with my sister dying of lung cancer .Then 3 weeks after she had died , Kye came into my life.Starving and feezing in the dead of winter.My care giving continues, but I don't mind as long as I can be a blessing to the poor guy and help him.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Thank you Apache for your vote of confidence and support. I sure hope I can have him in the house this winter snuggling by the fire also. What a wonderful thought. I have been through some real trying times this past year. Had to see ,and deal with my sister dying of lung cancer .Then 3 weeks after she had died , Kye came into my life.Starving and feezing in the dead of winter.My care giving continues, but I don't mind as long as I can be a blessing to the poor guy and help him.
Kye obviously came to you for a reason. Your sister probably sent him to you to help you in your grieving. Well done for getting him so far with trusting you.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Kye obviously came to you for a reason. Your sister probably sent him to you to help you in your grieving. Well done for getting him so far with trusting you.
Taffsmum, I thought the same thing, that my Sister sent him to me to distract me somewhat with the greiving process.My Sister and I were 1 yr apart, so we were very close, and experienced many things throughout life together.I asked her to help me with Kye and that his heartworm treatment will go smoothly.Some people do not believe in the next world and that is fine for them, but I do believe.Thank you for your kindness and concern.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Some people do not believe in the next world and that is fine for them, but I do believe.
Nothing wrong in that, I often think I would like to come back as dog in a home like ours or yours but not into the ownership of the many human cretins there are on this planet.
Page 9 of 21 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »