View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Go for it vicki, so sorry to here about Baz, but totally agree with Shona and H's Dave It can't possibly be Gross Misconduct if they have him working this week.

Go for it and the Best of luck.

Hugs
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I think there may be some confusion - he was never accused of gross misconduct....... those two words have never been uttered on here by me
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 02:39 PM
She might mean that because these are the only grounds you CAN sack someone on the spot, send them packing straight away, off the premises, because Baz has not had that done to him then it's NOT gross misconduct - I think that's what she means there Vicki? So, there is no way they can just sack him like they have, with no written warnings, no verbal warnings having been issued to him, because they haven't done it through GM otherwise they wouldn't let him be working his notice. It's all very strange isn't it, and I think it's a get out coz they just want rid of some of the staff, so the slightest thing any of them might do at the moment, means they'll be getting the sack, but hopefully the solicitors you have spoken to already, have already told you that bit! Await some better news soon then.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Spot on H, Yeah Vicki what I was trying to say was that if he had been told his job was finished, or he was being sacked the only way they can, as far as I am aware, do this is if the company are laying off due to redundancies (though there usually has to be a consultation period) or if he has "commited an act of Gross Misconduct" and as they still have him working they can't think he is guilty of that. So hopefully that should strengthen your case
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I think there may be some confusion - he was never accused of gross misconduct....... those two words have never been uttered on here by me

Hi Hun, I know you didnt,, lol, but what I was trying to say is..............to sack baz without any prior warnings would need to come under GM,
But clearly his employer is just AT IT, thus they cant not say he was fired for GM, so they are kinda on the wall, as to sack him for any other reason, he would have had to have been given some warnings..........

xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Just caught up with this, hugs to you both, it is disgraceful, they are just making excuses here. As Isochick says, they need something in writing.

Years ago a work friend of mine was sacked for GM. He had gone to the directors Christmas do, got VERY drunk, danced around semi-naked, propositioned one of the directors wives, fought with a colleague, thrown up in his hotel room, trashed the room and was arrested after hotel staff called the police.

A lengthy letter was sent by recorded delivery, I had to take it to the post office . He had actually booked the following week off as holiday and was advised not to set foot in the building again.

I know you won't take this lying down Vicki, make them suffer
I think to sack him for GM given the situation was wrong, A he wasnt at work, so his conduct did not affect his job
B he was under the influence of bevvy lol

lol I thought all directors nights out kinda went like that,, the higher up the management ladder the bigger the A-holes
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:10 PM

OK - he was given a week's notice - sacked in other words - it wasn't GM.

The solicitors say we have a good case for unfair dismissal.

Now all the old fart has to do is get another job!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Good Luck Baz & Vicki x
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Vicki,

If you have Home insurance you could possibly have cover for this under the Legal Expenses section (not all policies have this).

Most of these covers offer up to £50,000 of legal fees and mean that there isn't a fee to pay even if you win.

If you want me to help with deciphering your policy, just PM me.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi Hun
only just catching up on things while been away and i sorry to hear baz has been treated like this, i am with you all the way hun loads of vibes to you both and love of course. you now where i am hun if you want to talk.

sam xxx
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >