Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I bet Shona wished all her students listened like yours does,xxxxx
When stludent fail to listen, tleacher needs to roll up sleeves and bling out big stick

[ Confuscious I`m not ]
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Its from an old TV series called Kung Fu starring David Carradine - the teacher refers to Carradine`s character, [ when appearing in flash backs as a student ], as `Grasshopper` but always pronounced it Glasshopper

Ahhh... obviously before my time
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Ahhh... obviously before my time

Go on, rub it in that I`m no spring chicken why don`t you
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Glasshopper - that brings back some happy memories

I've seen quite a few people mention trail harnesses, but I can't find them mentioned in any shops specifically as such. Anyone got a link please?
Also, having had a plastic clicker fastener break on a collar, I am wary of those fastenings now. Are there any other options with a harness?
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:21 AM
I went to a Ttouch workshop and discovered the idea of a balanced harness. Basically it means you have two points of contact, brakes and steering She demonstrated with contact on the collar and on the back. I think the idea is you find out the best arrangement for your dog.
Sarah Fisher's book 'Unlock your dog's potential' explains better.
It calmed Dale so quickly and without any pressure on his neck. Now I only use a balanced lead in situations where he's likely to pull.Its so quick to change the lead round and it doesn't need any extra equipment.
I'd be curious to know if anyone else has tried this.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 12:22 PM
is this the on you have?
http://www.mekuti.co.uk/harness_shop.htm

Looks complicated but I'm a bit dopey today! (Well not just today but particularly today!!!!)
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I prefer a harness as i hate to think of their little necks when they are pulling and the collar digs in. I am always scared he is gunna choke.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Glasshopper - that brings back some happy memories
Yay, I am not alone, someone else remembers, cracking series it was too

I've seen quite a few people mention trail harnesses, but I can't find them mentioned in any shops specifically as such. Anyone got a link please?
Also, having had a plastic clicker fastener break on a collar, I am wary of those fastenings now. Are there any other options with a harness?
Trail is the generic name for a particular design, and most manufacturers put their own brand names to them
The one modelled by my Defa on post 43 show`s the configuration of a Trail

These are also Trails :

http://www.angelfire.com/bug/dpchari...harnesses.html

And on the link below, the following Rogz harnesses are Trails [ the names Rogz use are just to differentiate the colours/patterns and webbing sizes ]:

Rogz Midget Harness
Beach Bum Harness
Armed Response Harness
Alpinist Matterhorn Harness
Alpinist Kilimanjaro Harness
Alpinist K2 Harness
Alpinist Everest Harness

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_stor...sses_d112.html

There ya go

I`ve been using them for many years, and still using two which are over ten years old, never once had a problem with a clip coming undone myself, but if one did come undone or break, the harness still can`t just come off very easily, but if needing to feel a bit more confident you can use a second, [ loose ] lead attached to collar as a back-up
One of the beauties of a trail is that its very even so there is`nt really any particular strain on the clips, certainly no where near as much as on a collar clip
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 07:36 PM
To add to Patch's post, the rogz clips have locks that slide across as well so they can't come undone (tip: Don't leave the harness on the floor in the presence of a chewer - this is how Takara's got broken!)
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Yay, I am not alone,
Master, as long as I have the burn marks of the dragon on my arms, you are never alone.

Thanks for the links, I shall be studying them to find the best one for Missy.
The collar manufacturer told us her click fastener failed due to variations in the making process and plastic fatigue - which is why I am a little dubious of them - but maybe the locking mechanism will allay my worries.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >