Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
do it then, you are trying talk yourself out of something you obviously want!
I think I want it - but is it right? this could be an earth shattering mistake with untold concequences for Charlie, and it would all be my fault :smt101
(slopes off to toss a coin!!)
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki
I know what I'd like to give you woman
If it's a kick in the mitten - Phil says he'll give me one to take my mind off having a fag
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Oh if I had that oppportunity.....

Do it!!!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 11:56 AM
ok say it goes wrong....say you move and realise its the biggest mistake....does that prevent you from moving elsewhere...if you have lived there before you know what the area is like!!!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
ok say it goes wrong....say you move and realise its the biggest mistake....does that prevent you from moving elsewhere...if you have lived there before you know what the area is like!!!
Very true, a little more chewing I think, thanks Alex
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Very true, a little more chewing I think, thanks Alex

Can I add maybe you are reluctant because in your head it appears to good to be true. Andyou expect diificulties - and as of yet have found none.

The phrase "too good to be true" maybe in the back of your mind whereas you should have the phrase "good things come to those who wait"
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 12:26 PM
the big question - can you take that lovely new stair runner?

sorry it's the first thing that popped into my head!!!!

sounds like you're trying ot justify a decision you've already made - go for it!!!!!

Hxx

PS - can I have your lovely lab?
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
the big question - can you take that lovely new stair runner?

sorry it's the first thing that popped into my head!!!!

sounds like you're trying ot justify a decision you've already made - go for it!!!!!

Hxx

PS - can I have your lovely lab?
You may jest H, but that was exactly what I said last night!!!! and my beautiful fireplaces (Hyacinth Hyacinth Hyacinth ) and I'm sorry but Pip is definately part of my furniture, although with the extra garden I can take a Kelpie

Hx
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Can I add maybe you are reluctant because in your head it appears to good to be true. Andyou expect diificulties - and as of yet have found none.

The phrase "too good to be true" maybe in the back of your mind whereas you should have the phrase "good things come to those who wait"
Probably Kazz, also I am a little suspicious as to why it is so cheap, Dave has had alot of work done to it - it is immaculate! House prices there have trebled since we left - but where we are now, they have multiplied four fold (would have put quadrupled but can't spell it )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Hiya Mucker Well, I've read most of this thread and sort of agree with everything everybody has said, especially Murphy's post as that's exactly the way I feel.

Going mortgage free isn't all that it's made out to be coz we were originally mortgage free when we moved in here, but there was "stuff" we wanted to do and buy so ended up with a small mortgage anyway, which is probably what you have now, just a small mortgage which doesn't really cut heavilly into our monthly money anyway? Bit like the giving up smoking, you think you'll be quids in, but it just seems to go on other things and you never really notice it much! So, putting that bit aside, what are you left with? A bigger garden, which is nice, but more work, so have you got the time for that? The gateway to the field would be heaven in my eyes, but also could be a problem in itself like someone has already said. Then there's the space thing, you have finally got your lovely house just the way you want it, have lots of space, so could you really "downsize" to a smaller place? If you were older I would say jump at it, but you've got a lot of years left to up your status (Hyacinth wise!) thereby making a lot more money to finally end up in an even better house than you have now? Looking back on what we did, I would never have taken a downward move at your age, onwards and upwards all the time.This way, by the time you both get a lot older maybe one of you won't be able to work and earn as much as you did in previous years, so then it will be time to downsize with more money for your retirment? This is just the way I think though, and what we have tried to achieve during our working lives, it may not be for you. Bear in mind too, the older you get, the more unlikely you are to obtain a bigger mortgage, so the time to have one hanging over your head is now.

I actually regret downsizing when we did, which was far too early and going mortgage free. It was very nice to have the flash cars, the nights out, the holidays etc. etc. but now we've got a lot older in hindsight I think we did it just a tad too early in retrospect, and this is definitely one of my regrets. If I was in your shoes now, I would jump at it, but like I said, you are a lot younger than us, and my own personal opinion for what it's worth is it's too early to do it.

Nice to have your best mates next door I know, but remember a few years have past since you were last living in their pockets, and people change/move on as they get older, and it wouldn't be good to think that things would be the same as they were last time I don't think? I know you wouldn't, but imagine if you fell out with them!!!

This needs serious consideration I think, and putting down those pro's and con's might be a very good idea, and weigh them up very carefully too.

Sorry, I'm not much help am I, but I think you can read the way I'm going on this one? By the way, I know this was another looooooong one, but WAKE UP!!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »