View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks guys, I slept like a log here last night, except for my neighbour's outside street light which they seem to leave on till very late and my bedroom curtains aren't lined (oh the shame!!! that'll soon change!!!! ). Without their own outside lighting it really would be pitch black here, but then I'm used to that coz our old village didn't have street lighting.

Yet another morning pouring with rain, but somehow that just doesn't seem to matter here, I shall enjoy watching that view changing with the seasons, especially if we have snow this winter, but then again, poor Dave won't be able to drive up this friggin hill, nor the driveway!!

Chris I think those little hatches are back in fashion what with this retro look, but I really wouldn't fancy having that same theme throughout. We've even got the chandeliers hanging down on brass chains, but they're not for me, and although I won't change this over to contemporary too much, I will stick with a bit of spanish coz it just suits it to a tee what with the outside look of the place. I really do love it to bits, can yer tell!!

Hi Deb, yes, those smells wafting over from the woodland is probably what's been wearing Zena out, I've never known her quite so content and happy and relaxed (now!!! It wasn't like that when we first moved in!!!). We're going to have some kind of wrought ironwork done at the end of the terrace to the porch, OR, if we're allowed, in the front archway, with a pair of gates, so that I can leave those patio doors open with no worry that Zena can escape coz she certainly can't leap over the balcony (well, she could, but she's too smart, it's quite a drop over that garage!). Dave reckons that would cost a couple of grand though and I really don't want to start spending a lot here, we only need what we need and nothing more. I learned that lesson in the old house, it's just not worth it, plus we're strapped for cash now, everything we've got is all tied up in this house, but that's not a bad thing (unless it slides down that hill of course lol!)

Deb, I knew what you meant about dear old Georgie, and for the moment, he's perched on top of the little side window right in front of me at the puter, whilst mum is out in the conservatory where she would like to be. I made her a promise when I packed her up in that big box, that I wouldn't keep her shut in for too long as I stuck the last strip of packing tape down across the top of it Soon they'll both be outside in their own special place where they can enjoy all of this along with me. Quite mad I know, but for me, they are now home with me forever.

I'm cooking roast lamb today coz we're fed up with these take aways (apart from a fantastic drive-in Kentucky we found), coz the fish and chips of yesterday made a rapid exit this morning and made me feel very sick all last night, but I'm ok now.

I'm sorry but I'm loathe to take my big camera out into the woods this morning coz it really is heaving down, but I will take some more indoor pics for ya later! Oh I love my new house, it just feels sooooooo like home and I'm going to stay here till my dying day I know that much!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 07:37 AM
You will have to keep an eye out for wildlife too - I bet you will have deer, foxes and possibly even badgers snootling around your garden at night. Fab!

I LOVE woods! Look forward to more pics - when the weather is better
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Beautiful. I love to live where I have a beautiful view - you do pay for it when you buy but after that you can enjoy it every day for nothing!

I hope you will be very happy there.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
When are you opening for B&B?
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
sounds perfection Helena...........very envious.... but you both sound as if you deserve it..so good on you. Sounds perfect for Zena too..........xxxx loving the pics.xx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Not jealous in the slightest Enjoy every single blooming moment of this new time of discovery!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys!!!

Some pics I took just now, it's slowly getting a bit like home, except for the kitchen and bathroom which will be done as soon as we get the builders in. Hows about that bathroom then, talk about the retro look lol!!! My bedroom has a little en-suite with a huge shower, so we're using that until we sort the bathroom out, but apart from that there really is not much to do except new curtain poles, and a lick of paint inside and out and new carpet.

I took the nets down in that gorgeous big oval window in my bedroom, I cannot believe somebody would want net curtains hiding that beautiful view of the woodland, and nobody can see us coz we're up so high! I will, however, draw the other curtains when it's night time and I'm getting out of the shower, I don't want to scare the neighbours off!!!

Anyway, here's some pics!

My little hatch from the kitchen, I'm really loving it!

We've moved the lounge around, so you can look out to the view from the sofa. We need 2 new recliners and I'll probably get rid of the sofa anyway.

Zena's loving that view too!

She's really, really happy now

My 80's style kitchen, nice size, shame about the units, but we'll change it all once we've moved the boiler from a big cupboard in the corner

The retro bathroom lol!

I have a little utility room it's just perfick, back door to bring wet, muddy dog through after hosing down!

My little puter area next to the conservatory

The front terrace to the front door, with lots more rubbish on it which I've turfed out

The lounge changed around now

and the piece de resistence my fabby doo bedroom!!!

another "room with a view" fancy having net curtains at this window

Do ya like my twee I look out at, and it's ours, it's on our land, and it's FULL of bluetits in the daytime, so I'm feeding them from the balcony with a feeder.

Oh I'm in heaven and some here
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I love your bedroom (that window is so unusual - I'd love one of those) and lounge. Kitchen and bathroom are a decent size and they are the two rooms where you want to put your own stamp on them so it's perhaps a blessing in disguise that they need doing.

How come you've only just moved and still unpacking and yet your house is tidier than mine
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Helena, it looks lovely, well worth all the hassle and frustration, hope you settle in quickly and it sounds like Zena is loving it and that's most important ain't it

Will try to follow your updates once my knee has sorted itself.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Lol how come Chris???? Coz I'm a virgo dontchaknow, we don't do surrounded by boxes or untidiness here!! I've driven Dave nuts over the past 2 days, we're probably heading for a divorce, although now that it's all unpacked, the boxes have all gone to the tip coz I got him organised with a little handyman I know up at the caravan park, I've calmed down and we're now talking again!!!!

Isn't it gorgeous my bedroom with that window, it's Spanish ya see!!!

p.s. I tell a lie, there is still ONE box, that's my tv in the bedroom, but that'll be on the wall by tomorrow and all set up on Wednesday when the nice Sky man comes to visit, I do hope Zena doesn't want to eat him!!

Thanks H! Do you want me to find you one like this down the road????xx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >