View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 05:54 PM

I'm IN my new home, the view is to die for!

I had to take a couple of pics to show you my new view from this puter desk in the corner of the lounge! Although Zena has her back to it, she likes looking out the patio doors too!!

We took her into those woods at 7.30 this morning, we found streams, big open forest tracks, open fields, lots of mud, she was in her absolute element I've never seen her quite that happy, jumping the tiny streams and logs, plastered in clay mud. We met some other doglets who came over to say hello and she was a very good girl.

Yesterday she was a nightmare, so many men around not just the removal men but Dave's mates, and having that long journey in the car, then the stress of sitting on the doorstep for 3 hours waiting for the keys She drove me nuts in actual fact, but today, she's totally knackered after her 2 hour walk this morning, and to top it all, we even left her home alone lunchtime to go out and grab some fish and chips! I told Dave I wasn't going to make a big deal about this leaving her home alone in a strange place, and it worked, she dug up my bed (which of course, is now back on the ground floor so she can get to it) made a nice nest in there, and greeted us back with great enthusiasm, so pleased we hadn't left her here on her own forever, bless her little heart.

Here's my view, it really is to die for, and if you climb up to the back of the tiered garden, the view of the whole of those woods I'm opposite just takes your breath away. You wouldn't believe the utter peace and quiet we have now, no bladdy pub, no bouncy castle with screaming bratts on it, I'm in absolute heaven! Talking of bratts, the little 4 yr old boy who lived next door behind us in our old house took it very bad His mum told me he had woken her at 6 am to ask if he could come and say goodbye to me again and give me a hug, he was crying his eyes out, and very upset that I was leaving him. He even made me a special card, with lots of hearts on it, and a big sunflower on the front and told me he loved me. Oh bless, unrequited love!!!! He planted a little sunflower in a pot too and gave it to me, so I gave her one of our big bamboo plants in a huge pot, telling her it was specially for him to take care of until I saw him again - he's a very keen gardener ya know, he was always out there digging and chatting to me from on top of the wall lol!

Anyway, lots more unpacking to do, so just to keep you drooling.......

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

Sorry, won't be back till later now coz I'm on a dongle atm and I've got to restrict meself coz it's expensive!! I'll be properly online in a couple of weeks, but I'll pop back later after some more unpacking....slowly getting there (as you can imagine with me, I don't "do" surrounded by boxes for very long!).xxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Wowie, fantastic, I really envious.
Oh you are going to have such fun in those woods.
Are there lots of birds too?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Ohhhhh its lovely I know you are going to be so happy there.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Beautiful!

Bless that little boy,how sweet
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:04 PM
WOW! Some Castle!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:04 PM
It looks stunning H. At last, eh?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Just lovely H, some pretty trees there. It looks very peaceful. Zena will be so happy with streams to play in on her walks!

Bless, that little boy sounds sweet.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
See, it was all worth it

Glad to see you're settling in already. It looks so wonderfully peaceful and, you're right, that's not a bad view to look out on while you're chatting to us

Welcome to your new home Helena, Dave and Zena!!! x
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 06:53 PM
WOW - sounds/looks fantastic and I'm not totally jealous ( honest )

Bless the little boy too
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I think you have just found "Heaven on Earth". Absolutly beautiful H.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »