View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 08:22 AM
I wouldn`t use anything that constricts the laryx like that (the bit at the top of the neck). Just under the chin is a very sensitive and easily damaged area.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 09:23 AM
I think any device that "functions" by supposedly mimicing the way in which another dog would communicate with the dog is flawed. My dog KNOWS I'm not a dog, whats more she KNOWS I'm not her mother, so attempting to behave like a mother dog is only going to confuse her and discredit me.
I'm not going to bark at her, sniff her bum, or bite her ear either.

Sillyness.....
wonder collar
New Member!
Male 

31-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Anyone heard of them or used one?

It seems to work by gently squeezing the scruff of the neck (as opposed to choking like choker type collars) - I've never heard of them before and wondered if any of you have experience with them.

Their website is: http://www.mistypinesdogpark.com/dog...ng_collar.html
Hi . I have been reading your comments with interest. The above collar was designed by Jeff Woods in the US and he was the first person to design the double collar and was patented in 1997.
I appreciate your concerns about using a collar on the sensitive part of the neck but in some cases with difficult dogs, a double collar will work when other methods have failed, remembering, in the correct hands pressure does not need to be applied all the time, once the dog is wearing this type of collar, he will behave himself.
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by wonder collar View Post
Hi . I have been reading your comments with interest. The above collar was designed by Jeff Woods in the US and he was the first person to design the double collar and was patented in 1997.
I appreciate your concerns about using a collar on the sensitive part of the neck but in some cases with difficult dogs, a double collar will work when other methods have failed, remembering, in the correct hands pressure does not need to be applied all the time, once the dog is wearing this type of collar, he will behave himself.
yeah cos if it doesnt, pain will soon follow!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by wonder collar View Post
... in some cases with difficult dogs, a double collar will work when other methods have failed, remembering, in the correct hands pressure does not need to be applied all the time, once the dog is wearing this type of collar, he will behave himself.
rubbish.
Any collar that strangles or hurts the dog will be effective as long as you are applying pressure. A garotte would. A piece of string wrapped tightly round the throat would.
If your idea of getting a dog to `behave` is to hurt the dog till it does what you want, you shouldn`t be around dogs.
If your dog pulls it is because you haven`t trained the dog well. That is a reflection on YOUR dog training skills, not on the dog.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I thought we weren`t going to allow salemen to advertise their products with user names?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I find it interesting that these products are invented and promoted by dog trainers,when surely, as good trainers, they should be teaching their clients to "rely on the relationship, not the lead"?

A collar is just a piece of equipment to which a legally compliant ID can be attached and a safety device (lead) can be clipped to, end of!
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2011, 03:35 PM
well having just googled the name, its just another rip off of the "illusion collar" try training your dogs, rather than CHOKING them!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I thought we weren`t going to allow salemen to advertise their products with user names?
yip so did i
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I find it interesting that these products are invented and promoted by dog trainers,when surely, as good trainers, they should be teaching their clients to "rely on the relationship, not the lead"?

A collar is just a piece of equipment to which a legally compliant ID can be attached and a safety device (lead) can be clipped to, end of!
agreed!!!
wonder collar
New Member!
Male 

31-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
yip so did i

agreed!!!
Hi All

May I first apoligise for using my trade name and if the admin would like to contact me, I am more than willing to change it.

Secondly, all this talk about dog training, yes most dogs are well trained but spare a thought for the rescue dogs that many people take in and some can be very difficult, I am at present working with two well known organisations who are very interested in my product.

Anyway moving on, with the amount of replies I recieved, this forum is very active. On this note, if there is enough interest, I can set up an area in Derbyshire where I can meet you and show you all how it works and how the dogs react to it and obviously answer any questions or concerns you may have.
This is not a sales ploy, this is for you guys to understand more about the subject of double collars.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »