Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I panicked this morning when I saw my little thermostat needle go above the green on the boiler (it's supposed to be inbetween the green area only, but it had gone above it ) Dave said it's the water pressue in the radiators, so I read up on it, bled one of the rads to reduce the pressure and it's stayed in the green, but it's frightening me a bit as to WHY it went up like that

You are very naughty

The pointer should be in the green section when cold, it CAN increase slightly when boiler is in use.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh, that's good news then!!! It seems to have stayed where it was overnight, right on top of the green bit, so hopefully all is well!

I'm so glad you've got some nice hot water and hot radiators now Sweep!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 09:13 AM
So last Tuesday Gas Fitter arrived, scaffolding that original fitter ordered to arrive lunchtime.............
Long story short, Gas Fitter fitted Flue without the use of scaffolding, when I said to hime that the Builders were late he replied he had cancelled them as he was able to do it without!!!!!! When I asked why he could do it & the other guy could/wouldn't he said basically he was tall & could stretch further..............I was stunned & stupidly upset, which is why I didn't Post
Woke a few times during past nights...too hot...but sorted that, also had to have Brit Gas out as the Pressure had gone below a level & Boiler etc cut out, that all fixed.

What a 'to do'
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
When I asked why he could do it & the other guy could/wouldn't he said basically he was tall & could stretch further..............I was stunned & stupidly upset, which is why I didn't Post
It's a crazy world we live in Sweep, I would have been upset too, maybe someone in British Gas is reading this forum but I'm glad it's all sorted now.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I was stunned & stupidly upset, which is why I didn't Post
grin:

Dont think you should be stupidly upset.

As Most GB fitters are sub contractors running their own firms think there where trying a scam to get more money either out of you or BG.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 12:56 PM
When the Boiler Pressure cut out the Boiler working, we rang Brit Gas & were advised as to what we should do, release a couple of values below boiler, my OH went mad, he insisted he was not going to touch the apperatus himeself & told them he expected an Engineer(what ever they are called) to come out & to fix & explain!!! My OH is usually one for giving things a go & so placid, but he was so cross!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 01:44 PM
When the Boiler Pressure cut out the Boiler working, we rang Brit Gas & were advised as to what we should do, release a couple of values below boiler, my OH went mad, he insisted he was not going to touch the apperatus himeself & told them he expected an Engineer(what ever they are called) to come out & to fix & explain!!! My OH is usually one for giving things a go & so placid, but he was so cross!
Bladdy cheek of them!!! A brand new boiler and you get the robot on the end of the phone reading off the script like that to tell you what to do!!!

Have you got any instructions printed on the drop down panel for little incidents that might happen on this boiler? It's always a good idea to read through those, coz some boilers (like mine) you need to keep them topped up to keep the correct pressure and you do that yourself? Just wondering coz your system is new, and what could have happened is, when they fired it up, they might well have turned it off to go round bleeding the rads to get rid of some air, and then forgot to go back to the boiler and refill it to keep the pressure up. Just a thought. Have a read on any of the instructions you might have, coz some things we have to do ourselves, sadly!
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6