View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
If the old flue is a water heater then it would be 12in square(new flue 5in round) and need to be made good from outside.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
there will be a complaint letter too!
Well done, IMO it's only by writing to management that things will improve for others
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
New Condensing Boiler replaced very old Hot water Heater

They can try but I have my quote & believe me we will not pay anymore, this is down to their incompatence & there will be a complaint letter too!

Hows it going???????

In law a quote can be increased by up to 25%

A contract on the other hand cannot be increased.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Hows it going???????

In law a quote can be increased by up to 25%

A contract on the other hand cannot be increased.
Update
Brit Gas arrived at 0820 this morning....this man is to finish the job off, scaffolders rang yesterday & they will be here today at lunchtime. Well that is the plan!

Read through BGas info - Contract states "price will not increase, whatever problem is encoutered down the line"

I hope this is finished today....watch this space
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Best of luck! Such a nightmare!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Blooming 'eck, what a palarva you're having to go through here! Wouldn't a ladder have done the job just as well as that scaffolding though??!!! It's only a hole for a bladdy pipe afterall, they're not building an extension on the roof are they and it's only a bungalow too isn't it?! Jeeeze! I don't like BG can yer tell!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
and it's only a bungalow too isn't it?! Jeeeze!
Oh I didn't know that, I agree, (Again ) what are they doing calling in scaffolders for a bungalow, methinks that the dreaded Health & Safety has got involved in this
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I could be wrong about that on this occasion H (doesn't happen often I know! Lol!) but I seem to remember the mention of bungalow, so I'm wondering if they're going up through the roof now???!!! We had that choice and I'm glad I opted for out the side coz of course, we had a big loft extension since That could have been interesting

I cannot believe in this freezing weather you must be without heating in there Sweep I panicked this morning when I saw my little thermostat needle go above the green on the boiler (it's supposed to be inbetween the green area only, but it had gone above it ) Dave said it's the water pressue in the radiators, so I read up on it, bled one of the rads to reduce the pressure and it's stayed in the green, but it's frightening me a bit as to WHY it went up like that Mind you, it has been on permanently for 3 weeks now day and night, maybe it's feeling the strain!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I panicked this morning when I saw my little thermostat needle go above the green on the boiler (it's supposed to be inbetween the green area only, but it had gone above it )
Don't know about your system H but with ours I've noticed that as the temperature rises so does the pressure, we have a 'pressure release valve' fitted and it often operates (And spills water over the floor but it's in the cellar so it doesn't matter )

Bleeding the radiators will get the pressure down but I suspect it may have gone above the green 'cos the temperature was too high. Mind you that's in our case, and our system was designed when Tyranasarus Rex was roaming the planet
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I have hot water & heat.............

Will update fully tomorrow
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >