Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2010, 05:51 PM
You're boiler is new compared to mine i'm sure mine's about 20 yrs old
I could be waiting a long time for him to replace it because i just waited 6 months for him to replace a part Thankfully it still worked it was only a case of it didn't stop heating when you turned the hot tap off so you had to turn it off at the boiler each time.
I helped him replace the part so have learnt a bit on how to replace whatever valve it was he replaced
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Lol, have you ever looked inside the house of a builder????? Same as your old, antiquated boiler that he never has the time to fix/replace!!!! Same as my car, there's never anything wrong with it, I'm making it up , or it doesn't make the noise when HE drives it and the poor thing never gets a good service (although he says it does, but I have my doubts!!!!) Good job none of us have married vets though isn't it!!!!!
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I know what you mean. My friend's husband is a mechanic and not long ago she had no heating in her car she was moaning like mad

Yes i agree definatly glad we didn't marry vets my dog would be suffering forever

My husband most defianlty doesn't like bringing his work home that's for sure
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
I was just going by what my husband told me he could be wrong he's only been a plumber for 31 years and a gas engineer for 20

You are 100% right.

All rads have to be fitted with thermo valves except the one in the same room as the wall thermostat.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think the confusion here is a combi boiler does not have a thermostat for the wall we had one till 2 years ago it needed replacing and we were then told combi boilers no longer exist it is now condenser boilers and they do have a thermostat a digital one which can be hung on the wall or like we have ours just somewhere in a room of your choice.

When mums boiler was replaced 3 years ago she also had to have a condenser boiler and she couldn't get on with the digistat so they replaced it with a conventional thermostat.

I am pretty sure combi boilers are no longer in circulation if you need a boiler replacing it now has to be the condenser boiler these have no header tanks in the loft either everything runs from the boiler. They are more efficient than even the combi and greener.

Most boilers installed these days are Condensing Combis
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 10:16 AM
It's the big day on Monday!!!! EEeekk!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
But after having an initial consultation app & then a survey app, after numerous calls we finally have a date for installation 29th, have been informed it will take 4 days. Dreading it all
Hope it all goes well for you Sheena, as to what type of boiler (combi or condensor) well I have no idea, legislation is always comming into effect with the intention of making us all a lot greener mind you where we live now there's none of that nonsense, we just have a massive boiler in the cellar and it heats the water, and all the rooms, and the only control I have to worry about is how fast I want the pump to run (It has three speeds) of course it does need lighting everyday and being coal fired there's a hell of a lot of smoke and stuff goes up the chimney, but there's no one around to complain and there is no gas or oil available so we have no choice
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 01:38 PM
It's a condensing boiler.......all the stuff to be installed was delivered 2 weeks ago........

I just really hope that the Boiler is the first thing that is installed, I am really needing to have a proper bath in my own house now.....it has been a nightmare!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 09:26 AM
British Gas have arrived!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
British Gas have arrived!!!!
Are they still having their morning cuppa Let us know when the actually start work
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >