View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Do you know Jen, I never thought about checking up on planning permission for the actual colour, but you've got me thinking now, because we are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and although I saw that I could put one in the garden as long as it was 2.5 Metres away from any boundary (which it is!) maybe they also might have a colour restriction I'd better check it out then! That could be fate though, coz if they do, then I'll repaint it all in silver birch lol! I might be a while.......
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Do you know Jen, I never thought about checking up on planning permission for the actual colour, but you've got me thinking now, because we are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and although I saw that I could put one in the garden as long as it was 2.5 Metres away from any boundary (which it is!) maybe they also might have a colour restriction I'd better check it out then! That could be fate though, coz if they do, then I'll repaint it all in silver birch lol! I might be a while.......
H you make me laugh!! - in a nice way. Good luck and let us see the piccies. xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Right little home from home you have there matey!!!. I could quite happily live in that....Now there's a though

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Right little home from home you have there matey!!!. I could quite happily live in that....Now there's a though

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'll fight you Elaine!!!! LOL 2nd thoughts....lets share.......xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hmmmmmmmm, well, so much wood so much paint thankfully with having two colours, when I got bored with one, I changed to the other Oh, it's been an ongoing task has this one, and I haven't even started on the inside yet, BUT....... big problem...... now that I've almost finished it........ I don't like the bladdy colour!!!! That's typical of me!!!

I wanted that very pale, sage kind of green, but when I looked at the colour both on the tin and t'internet it was too green for my liking, so I went for the "seagrass" which is a blue/green..... and now I think it looks like a beach hut!!!!!

Anyways, what do you think??? I'm thinking I could go and get a wood "wash" in that sage green and go over it to tone down the blue hue perhaps? I'm also thinking I like the silver birch colour now (which is a silvery grey of course), but I can't bear the thought of painting it all over again after what I've just been through!

The shingles will be going on the roof when I get them and they'll be green. The inside I might do in a wood wash cream colour, and the floor and decking I really don't know yet? I think maybe a pale wood stain/varnish, but then again I did the decking out the back in a rich mahogany which is also very nice, but dark of course. Ideas on the flooring and decking all welcome, and the decking will be extended of course with the sunken doggy pool! Lol!

It's still work in progress, no door furniture, no window frames on the outside yet, and no roof shingles, so it can only get better (when Dave gets another week-end off of course!).
It's going to weather, so that blue will fade off a bit...I like it, xxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
I'll fight you Elaine!!!! LOL 2nd thoughts....lets share.......xxxx

Your on, mind you Dave might not like us nipping into the main house (that sounds really grand don't it) in the middle of the night with just our jim jamies on, he does sleep downstairs

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Lol at you two there, and that "main house" bit, mind you, there was room for a pony, but not anymore coz I keep filling it all up!!!

By the time you get yourself down here matey, it'll be all ready for ya's!!!!

It's growing on me now, and Dave said he quite likes it in that colour, but knowing me.....now where's that paintbrush gone!!! xxx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I think the picture has gone missing.......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I know Kazz I've finally broken PB, coz last night I decided to have a little "tidy up" in there and put all my piccies in albums, and now it's all broken and I think all my piccies will have broken links to Dogsey... I should have left it all in a mess!!!

I'll try again then....

Success!!!!!
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2010, 12:40 PM
That looks fantastic - love it!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >