Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Yes I will make it my dream to upgrade it to one like yours one day!!! (and upgrade the size of the garden to match ) And to think I was excited becuase the shed has a nice window which will look out on to the garden, but it doesn't seem so appealing anymore...
Awww, and now I feel awful, coz I've deflated your balloon, but this cheap old thing doesn't have glass in the doors or window, only that perspex rubbish, and maybe your shed will have glass

Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
It looks lovely H, but did you leave poor Dave to it all day? I heard you were out with lilypup. Cracking the whip when you got home, lovely!
Lol, yes I left him to it (he prefers it that way.... wonder why!) got back, and said "isn't it up yet??????" Thankfully, he's back on the case, coz the sun is disappearing over the hill and it's cooler, but I suppose I'll have to get him back in before it goes dark coz he hasn't done the electrics yet!!!!!

Yes, had a fantastic walk with Claire, Lils and the adorable Dylan, and boy does he look fab now, I couldn't believe the difference in him since I last saw him in all the snow! Claire's going to bring the doglets back here next time we meet up, we can drink coffee (or similar!) and the dogs can play in the pool to cool off, oh it's just heaven.... well it will be when Dave finishes it so I can pain it, so I'd better go and check up on him again!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Great stuff H
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-04-2010, 05:35 PM
It looks lovely H! Look forward to seeing the finished product - esp the dog pool bit
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 05:36 PM
o god yes, promise to post pics of the finished thing, with dogs in it!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Great stuff H
Now you've gotta get one Jen!!!

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It looks lovely H! Look forward to seeing the finished product - esp the dog pool bit
So am I Azz, but I can't make him work any faster!!!

This IS for the dogs afterall, because the little blighters won't stay out in that lovely garden unless I'm there and at the moment, all I have to sit on is the patio with the table and chairs, but it's too darn hot and too exposed with that pub over the road, whereas this is down the slope of the garden, hidden away from all those nosey peops over the road! Not that I'm going to get up to anything of course!!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I love it Helen!! It's going to be just perfect and I think the colour scheme you're thinking of will be too!

Oh how lovely will it be sitting out there after a walk with the woofers!! I'll have to dig out my old cocktail dress so I look the part!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 06:57 PM
PMSL at you Claire and your cocktail dress!!! Yes, it'll be Pimm's o'clock around the clock hey?!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Helena, before you make a final decision on the colour have a think about the material.......wood......it's very prone to rot unless you treat it with something now (Ignore all the blurb the maker has said about using pre-treated timber, it's lies )

First I would ask Dave to put a coat of Cuprinol clear on, then after three weeks another coat in the shade you want (But sadly they don't do lime green )

Or you could use Rustins Flexterior :-

http://www.rustins.eu/Details.asp?ProductID=755

I've used this and I'm pretty happy with it, IMO it's much better than ordinary varnish or any type of paint and they have some nice shades but again sadly not lime green but TBH that lovely little summer house needs to look like it's made of wood and not plastic maybe this is the first thing we'll disagree on

The problem with paint is that if you want it to last and not start flaking off after a year or two you must apply a primer, and then an undercoat, and then a top coat and each coat is supposed to be sanded before the next one goes on, it's a hell of a lot of work for poor old Dave (Bit of male sympathy comming out here very rare for me )

ETA:-

Yes, I know there's these things called 'one coat' but they don't work, the're rubbish !!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks for all that info there H, much appreciated. The manufacturer's will only guarantee this for 10 years, IF I use the wood preserver that they supply with the summerhouse, BUT, they only had the dark one in stock and I wanted the light (so I could paint over it in a lighter colour easier), so they didn't supply any in the end, they credited me for it.

I will have to take a look in B & Q or Wicke's and find something that will preserve it properly, before I think about painting it. The neighbour has painted his workshop in a lovely shade of sage green and he just told me it's a wood preserver, not a normal type paint, whereas I was going for an eggshell or something on top of the preserver? It looks like it'll be a wood preserving colour now then.

I went on a site where they are raving about these new summerhouses, and they all said, you don't want the normal green or brown stuff, you need to make it stand out, coz it's a little house in the garden and I think they're right? I don't want it to look like the fence anymore (which is green), I want to make it stand out, but fit in with it's surroundings!

On the website where they have this pictured and you can take a virtual tour of it, they have it painted in a cream and grey and it looks fab!

Now don't say you're gonna disagree with me for once H!!!!

Then again, all the log cabins on the park site are all in that dark brown and black....I'll think on it!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 07:45 PM
OOhhh Nice second home Helena - have you thought about painting it in lavender. There is a lovely shade in the Cuprinol Colours range called lavender - but when it is on it is not at all how you think it will look - not poncy at all. I have done most of my garden things in it and it is surprising how well it goes with plants and things.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »