register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How often do you do your housework?
Once a week on a set day 3 4.29%
Twice a week on a set day 2 2.86%
As and when 39 55.71%
One room every day 0 0%
House work, what's that? 5 7.14%
I don't, someone else does it for me ;op 8 11.43%
Other, please specify 13 18.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by seaunicorn View Post
My OH gets very upset at the amount of ornaments I have and the fact that I move them all along one place every week when I dust them, I have too many to have out all at once (I don't want the place to look cluttered) so there are some in a cupboard and by moving them along a space they all get to come out at some stage!!! He would just put them all in a box and dump them, actually I think he would do that with half the furniture as well.
I think he would like to be very minimalist - I get the feeling he married the wrong person - actually we are opposites in lots of ways.
Opposites attract ;o)

I am VERY minimalist. In fact counting ''ornaments'' in the living room right now I have 8 dotted about and two candle holders. I wouldn't be able to keep track of them all if I had too many ;o)
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I tend to try do get a bit done every day. The polishing in our house really does need done every day cause of the furries. But the hoovering only twice a week. Ironing is a non-stop chore though thanks to a teenage stepdaughter who hoards all her clothes before sticking them in the wash!

However, occasionally I take a mad cleaning fit and clean a room within an inch of it's life. Today was the turn of the kitchen. Under the fryer and in behind the cooker all got done...with steel wool and bleach. So it's looking waaay better, and I don't feel guilty about the mank in there anymore.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I voted "as and when" but obviously theres always a lot of cleaning up to do after multiple dogs. Just to make sure I dont go too mad there is a sign in my kitchen that says
"housework won't kill you - but why take the chance"?
twix
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2010, 12:27 PM
My mum does it now she's retired and I'm at work every day. She does the house top to bottom twice a week, but dusts and vacuums the lounge every day, sweeps and mops the kitchen floor every day and cleans the bathroom every day.l
Nola
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I do it as and when I need to. I work full time but the other half teaches music from home so he generally does most of it. I do pitch in on weekends and usually do the washing up in the evening as he has a strange aversion to it.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6