register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How often do you do your housework?
Once a week on a set day 3 4.29%
Twice a week on a set day 2 2.86%
As and when 39 55.71%
One room every day 0 0%
House work, what's that? 5 7.14%
I don't, someone else does it for me ;op 8 11.43%
Other, please specify 13 18.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Working 12 hours shifts and often 3 in a row, everyday house work literally isn't possible here. See I have a proper excuse!

I try to do it twice a week, more downstairs than upstairs as the dogs make more mess on the ground floor and I don't get many visitors upstairs.........steady!!!!!!!!!!
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I voted other, as I have fibromyalgia I do not always have the energy to even do the small things, but I have a list for every day (washing up, ironing, bedmaking etc) and then anything else following lists as and when I have the energy.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You and me both there!!! I bet you have a set daily routine too dontcha, just like I do!! so it's all of the above for me too!
Yes I also have spreadsheets & file boxes for everything - it's not easy being a virgo, the family call me borderline OCD! but at least I know where everything is
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Yes I also have spreadsheets & file boxes for everything - it's not easy being a virgo, the family call me borderline OCD! but at least I know where everything is
This made me laugh as my husband is a virgo and we call him borderline OCD too!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I hate housework, but unfortunately with six dogs in the house every night, I have to hoover and dust every morning, otherwise we would be lost under a carpet of dog hair and a mountain of dust :-s

A "deep clean" gets done once a week, if I have time
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 07:35 PM
OMG I feel such a slut now, I voted "what is house work"
I hate it but then when I stop to think about it I've got no children at home and only 1 fairly clean doggy. So things aren't that dirty are they

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
See I don't really agree, I know where evrything is until my hubby tidies up
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I do housework daily, so I voted other.....

I also do the toilets daily x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
See I don't really agree, I know where evrything is until my hubby tidies up
I'm the same Jenny I know where everything is, I know exactly what pile of papers contain what letters and other stuff, right up until my wife tidies up
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by seaunicorn View Post
This made me laugh as my husband is a virgo and we call him borderline OCD too!!
I get told I'm borderline OCD but I'm a Pisces ;o)

I HAVE to have everything in it's place or I can't relax. If the curtains aren't straight and the ornaments aren't in the exact position I get abit angsty.

Neil occasionally teases me by moving something, ever so slightly and is then appalled when I've noticed it within seconds.
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I get told I'm borderline OCD but I'm a Pisces ;o)

I HAVE to have everything in it's place or I can't relax. If the curtains aren't straight and the ornaments aren't in the exact position I get abit angsty.

Neil occasionally teases me by moving something, ever so slightly and is then appalled when I've noticed it within seconds.
My OH gets very upset at the amount of ornaments I have and the fact that I move them all along one place every week when I dust them, I have too many to have out all at once (I don't want the place to look cluttered) so there are some in a cupboard and by moving them along a space they all get to come out at some stage!!! He would just put them all in a box and dump them, actually I think he would do that with half the furniture as well.
I think he would like to be very minimalist - I get the feeling he married the wrong person - actually we are opposites in lots of ways.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >