register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How often do you do your housework?
Once a week on a set day 3 4.29%
Twice a week on a set day 2 2.86%
As and when 39 55.71%
One room every day 0 0%
House work, what's that? 5 7.14%
I don't, someone else does it for me ;op 8 11.43%
Other, please specify 13 18.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 05:52 PM
When I was married we used to hold dinner parties so we had to clean up!

We had no table so OH bought a piece of 8/4 and made legs for it----but had no saw so it stayed 8/4 and the room was 12/12 with a foot bookshelf along one wall. So it was a bit of a squeeze!

rune
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I voted "as and when" because it gets done when it needs it. The kitchen floor gets swept at least once a day, and downstairs hoovered most days. I'm sooooo lucky because my fabulous, tidy husband works from home and is much better at housework than me. My most important contribution is to groom the dogs regularly, so they shed less!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I voted other as I do downstairs every day - hoover, wash floors, clean kitchen & downstairs loo, though hub does it on the days I'm working. Upstairs rooms get done once a week, but I'm always picking up after the kids, I do nag them to do it & they do it in a fashion which is fine but I go in after them & do it properly. On a Saturday I usually pick one extra job like the windows or clean the oven or the sofas if I'm in the mood.
I can't stand mess (I'm a true virgo) - unless it's my own as I know I'll clear it up. I don't mind housework it's ironing I hate!!!
You and me both there!!! I bet you have a set daily routine too dontcha, just like I do!! so it's all of the above for me too!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I put other as I do some everyday. You wouldn't think so though as my house constantly looks a tip.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I have a liberal attitude to housework. I do the kitchen every day, and everything else when I can be bothered, which is rarely.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=labradork;1916499]Totally.

Definitely in the "as and when" category. As we have 6 people, 3 dogs and 3 cats living under this roof, it tends to get dirty fairly quickly. The floors probably only get washed once a week. With the cats and dogs (and people...) traipsing in mud numerous times a day, washing them every day would really be a waste of time. They get hoovered or swept on the day they are washed and then once again in the week.

Dusting or polishing; pretty much never.

If they made a 24 hour day longer perhaps it would be possible to do more, but I guess we don't really care. You have to kind of accept it when you have animals.

As they say..."A clean house is a sign of a wasted life". [/QUOTE]

and dull women have immaculate houses

I bought a fridge magnet with that on.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post

and dull women have immaculate houses

I bought a fridge magnet with that on.
Well at least I can't be blamed for being dull if that is the case!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Pidge - I couldn't resist ticking the 'I don't, someone else does it' box which is true 'tho I do (some) hovering, (some) window cleaning, (a lot of) washing up, and even once a week changing bed sheets etc. (No, make that once a month ) I think that's pretty good don't you
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Pidge - I couldn't resist ticking the 'I don't, someone else does it' box which is true 'tho I do (some) hovering, (some) window cleaning, (a lot of) washing up, and even once a week changing bed sheets etc. (No, make that once a month ) I think that's pretty good don't you
Hey, it could be worse! ;o)
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I said other, its everyday here, with a tiny cottage a 3 year old,3, sometimes 4 dogs and a very messy man its essential!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >