register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How often do you do your housework?
Once a week on a set day 3 4.29%
Twice a week on a set day 2 2.86%
As and when 39 55.71%
One room every day 0 0%
House work, what's that? 5 7.14%
I don't, someone else does it for me ;op 8 11.43%
Other, please specify 13 18.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
well he will be down your way (ish) on Tuesday, so I'll just get him to pop in and give some lessons to your OH shall I? (but he's got to make sure he's back in time to make my dinner
Hahaha nice one, mind he managed yesterday to bring in the wheelie bin, wash the few pots that were left and shut the gate behind him when he left lol.

Dan doesn't do cooking at all, he failed at the ruddy toast this morning and one slice was still bread. Honestly, his mother thinks he is 6, he can't even spread butter so i'm blaming her. I knew I should have gotten another puppy instead, much less work, lol!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Haha. Mine is great as long as I tell him what to do ;o)
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:29 PM
well,I do some everyday.....usually just treading water really though. Despite feeling like I spend endless hbours cleaning and tidying,the house is still a total disaster....but that's having 6 kids and a dog I spose LOL
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:30 PM
I voted other as I do downstairs every day - hoover, wash floors, clean kitchen & downstairs loo, though hub does it on the days I'm working. Upstairs rooms get done once a week, but I'm always picking up after the kids, I do nag them to do it & they do it in a fashion which is fine but I go in after them & do it properly. On a Saturday I usually pick one extra job like the windows or clean the oven or the sofas if I'm in the mood.
I can't stand mess (I'm a true virgo) - unless it's my own as I know I'll clear it up. I don't mind housework it's ironing I hate!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Hahaha nice one, mind he managed yesterday to bring in the wheelie bin, wash the few pots that were left and shut the gate behind him when he left lol.

Dan doesn't do cooking at all, he failed at the ruddy toast this morning and one slice was still bread. Honestly, his mother thinks he is 6, he can't even spread butter so i'm blaming her. I knew I should have gotten another puppy instead, much less work, lol!
I'm sure you'll get him trained up....just remember to make it fun and give him lots of reward . At least he should already be house trained

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Haha. Mine is great as long as I tell him what to do ;o)
that sounds fair enough.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Has anyone tried the Lee Evans style "darling the rubbish needs putting out" in a provocative styley, lick you lips - you could be in for a good night if you do as I say works every time
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:51 PM
i voted as and when i hoover everyday downstairs as we have hair like tumbleweed having 4/5 dogs here i always find better things to do than clean and the kids ahve to do their rooms i wont touch them! but i do make an effort when we have visiters which isnt very often
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 02:10 PM
i picked as and when as if the sun is shining then I'm out with the dogs rather than being in and doing housework! Working full time does limit my time for walks so I do tend to put the dogs above anything else.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I do kitchen, conservatory and utilityroom everyday, having 4 cats and 3 dogs needs doing daily...the rest of the house twice a week...
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I said as and when, I only clean the whole house when i am expecting guests!! Apart from that I do the essentials, i dont like housework and do as little as possible...but also cant stand the thought of germs so my kitchen and bathrooms HAVE to be clean!!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >