Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 10:35 PM

A new countryside section :-)

To start the new rural section off, how many of us live or work in the countryside?

I live in the Lammermuirs in Scotland on a hill farm, which is on a grouse moor! Hubby is a shepherd and I am his (usually!) willing assistant
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Well I don't live or work in the countryside... but I'd love a little farm where I could grow my own veg and keep some livestock so I will be looking in on this section from time to time!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the new section Azz

Hopefully we will have a few people who can contribute, and make it an interesting little side section to dog talk.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Well I don't live or work in the countryside... but I'd love a little farm where I could grow my own veg and keep some livestock so I will be looking in on this section from time to time!
Me too on all three counts
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 12:22 AM
In that case, did either of you watch Monty Don's latest series - "My Dream Farm"? He was helping people to realise their dreams of starting their own smallholdings, and gave out some excellent advice.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
In that case, did either of you watch Monty Don's latest series - "My Dream Farm"? He was helping people to realise their dreams of starting their own smallholdings, and gave out some excellent advice.
I just saw the end of it. We are currently saving and planning for this life so i would like to see it very much, so if you see it repeated id appreciate a heads up. Whens it on again?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Oh no, the series has just finished I think, but they are bound to repeat it. If I spot it, I will let you know.

I have a feeling they asked at the end of this series for other applicants for the next series, so perhaps there is a website that would give more details? (It was on Ch4).
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Oh no, the series has just finished I think, but they are bound to repeat it. If I spot it, I will let you know.

I have a feeling they asked at the end of this series for other applicants for the next series, so perhaps there is a website that would give more details? (It was on Ch4).
thanks il take a look
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I have watched ever one and found the series really interesting
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I haven't seen/didn't know it was on

Do C4 have a iPlayer type facility like the BBC does? I'd love to watch it!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >